U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush
Singing the civil rights anthem “Woke Up This Morning,” Congressman Bobby Rush called it “The Freedom Bus.”
Greeted by applause from fellow members of Congress and a crowd of onlookers, U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) returned to the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, climbing the 45 steps of the Capitol Building one at a time.
Two Chicago congressmen reiterated their support for Jesse Jackson Jr. on Saturday, saying the former Illinois congressman is suffering greatly and needs time to get healthy before he can address the public.
Many political leaders in Chicago were saying it’s a sad day to learn U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has resigned from Congress.
U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) is leading a protest march Thursday, asking Metra to restart the bidding process on the Englewood Flyover project on the city’s South Side.
U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) says he has been told there are virtually no minority firms being considered in a massive Metra construction project in the Englewood neighborhood, and he’s prepared to shut Metra down.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced Wednesday that the city has secured $30.5 million in federal funding to redevelop parts of the struggling Woodlawn neighborhood.
Three weeks after nearly 10,000 job seekers packed a job fair at Chicago State University, a congressman who sponsored the fair is telling the recruiters to make good on their promises to hire.
With renewed worries about the economy in the wake of the downgrade of the nation’s credit rating, nearly 10,000 people showed up for a job fair hosted by Congressman bobby Rush on Tuesday.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.94
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.209
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!