U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
Add three more names to the growing list of candidates running to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in the 2nd Congressional District: Illinois State Sen. Toi Hutchinson (D-Olympia Fields), Chicago Ald. Anthony Beale (9th), and Robin Kelly — a top aide to Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel suggested Wednesday that people shouldn’t be too hard on Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th), who’s been a no-show at the City Council in recent weeks, while her husband, former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., has been dealing with serious legal and medical problems.
An ex-convict who preceded Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress, now wants to win back his former congressional seat.
As Congress returned from its Thanksgiving break on Tuesday, Jesse Jackson Jr.’s resignation from Illinois’ 2nd Congressional District was made official on Tuesday.
Illinois lawmakers have given preliminary approval to a plan to hold the special election for former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s House seat on April 9.
Two Chicago congressmen reiterated their support for Jesse Jackson Jr. on Saturday, saying the former Illinois congressman is suffering greatly and needs time to get healthy before he can address the public.
The day after former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned from Congress, things were quiet at the home of Jackson’s famous father. But Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. did come out to talk to reporters on Thanksgiving.
Rev. Jesse Jackson said Wednesday that his son Jesse Jackson Jr.’s decision to resign from Congress has caused “a great sense of pain” for his family, but he said they’ve been encouraged by all the support they’ve received from the public.
A crowded field could line up to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress, once a special election is set up to fill his seat following his resignation on Wednesday.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson looks back at Jesse Jackson Jr.’s rise from a promising political star to a man beset by serious health problems and a federal probe of possible wrongdoing.
CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov broke the news of Jackson’s resignation to a lot of his former constituents in the 2nd Congressional District. The reaction was decidedly mixed.
Many political leaders in Chicago were saying it’s a sad day to learn U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has resigned from Congress.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr’s wife, Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th), was in Washington, D.C., when her husband’s letter of resignation was delivered this afternoon. As CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, according to multiple sources, there’s a good possibility Ald. Jackson might not have known her husband was submitting his resignation today.
Now that Jesse Jackson Jr. has resigned his seat in Congress, Gov. Pat Quinn must set the date for an election to fill the seat. Cook County Clerk David Orr has a plan — and hopes the courts will go along.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has resigned from Congress, citing health reasons and an intensifying federal investigation into the use of his campaign funds.
Plans for Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. to speak to his staffers on Wednesday were abruptly cancelled Tuesday.
Several members of Illinois’s congressional delegation have joined the growing chorus of voices pressuring U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) to speak out about his ongoing medical and legal troubles.
Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th) — who reportedly is under investigation for possible improper campaign finance activities along with her husband, Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. – did not show up for the City Council’s final budget vote on Thursday, two days after the congressman was released from the Mayo Clinic.
A day after Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. left his second stint at the Mayo Clinic, a source close to the Jackson family said the congressman was still in Rochester, Minn., in an effort to avoid the spotlight.
Constituents in Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s district have gone without representation on Capitol Hill for more than five months, and the head of the Better Government Association said Wednesday that they might have go go without a congressman for several more months, thanks to Jackson’s ongoing health and legal problems.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!