U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was released from the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota on Tuesday, after a second stint there to be treated for bipolar disorder.
There has been no official response from the Jackson family to the exclusive CBS 2 report that Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has been negotiating a plea deal with federal prosecutors that would lead to his resignation for health reasons and likely jail time. Reactions among his constituents on Saturday were mixed.
CBS 2 has learned U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. planned to step down weeks ago, ostensibly for mental health reasons, but a legal source said he talked Jackson and his wife, Sandi, out of that decision to resign before the election.
A key South Side Democrat is expressing anger in the wake of a published report that U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. might be seeking a plea deal with federal prosecutors probing his use of campaign funds.
Despite ongoing health problems that have kept him out of action for months – and a pair of investigations hanging over his head – Democratic Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. handily won re-election Tuesday against a trio of largely unknown challengers.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s publicist says the ailing Illinois congressman has voted by absentee ballot.
The three candidates running against ailing Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. agree he would need to be replaced even if he were not being treated for bipolar disorder, but they differ over almost everything else.
Sources said Friday that Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is planning to return to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, as he continues treatment for bipolar disorder.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. hasn’t been on the campaign trail for months, as he’s kept out of the public eye while being treated for bipolar disorder, but he’s certainly been spending his campaign cash, and lots of it.
CBS 2 has learned Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s campaign finance reports do not provide details for hundreds of thousands of dollars in credit card charges, or for an $8,000 purchase from a suburban furniture store. That, amid reports the federal probe is focused on alleged misuse of campaign cash to redecorate his home.
For the first time in months, ailing U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has been sighted out in public, and talked about his battle with Bipolar II disorder.
A federal probe into “suspicious activity” in U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s finances reportedly is focused on allegations he used campaign funds to pay to decorate his house.
Spelling potentially new trouble for U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., federal investigators have launched a probe into the South Shore congressman’s finances — a completely new area of scrutiny, sources told the Chicago Sun-Times.
The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota has provided a new update on their treatment of U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL), revealing the congressman is being treated for bipolar disorder.
There was little mention of what has been going on with U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. at Saturday morning’s Rainbow-PUSH forum at the organization’s South Side headquarters.
While questions still swirl around the news that U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is being treated for an unspecified “mood disorder,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel suggested Thursday there shouldn’t be a rush for the congressman to get back to Capitol Hill when Congress isn’t getting any work done anyway.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. said Thursday that his Congressman son is “unwell” and “rebuilding his strength,” but had little else to say on the subject.
Tonight is the 30th night in a row — a month — since the beginning of the great Jesse Jackson Jr. mystery. What’s become of the congressman, who’s taken a leave of absence?
U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) says fellow Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) should say more about the emotional and physical issues his office says have forced him to take time off from Capitol Hill.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he wishes U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. the best, but the congressman needs to let his constituents know more about what has forced him to take a medical leave for almost a month.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!