U.S. Rep. Judy Biggert
Trailing far behind Democrat Bill Foster, longtime Republican Congresswoman Judy Biggert has conceded the race in the 11th District.
Former Congressman Bill Foster is trying to return to the House, but first he has to beat out Republican Congresswoman Judy Biggert, the incumbent in the new 11th District.
Illinois Republican Congresswoman Judy Biggert has pulled out of a debate sponsored by the AARP, citing the organization’s inability to “act as a neutral arbiter.”
The heroin problem in Naperville will be in the spotlight Monday during a special community forum at North Central College in the western suburb.
Several members of Illinois’ congressional delegation has come out in opposition to two anti-piracy bills – the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect IP Act (PIPA) – which are losing support from many members of Congress.
It’s bad enough not having a place to sleep every night, now things could soon get worse, with homeless people having to prove they don’t have a place to live to get federal assistance. But advocates for the homeless plan to go to Washington, D.C., to try to bring a halt to new federal rules and stop the red tape before it starts.
The deal to raise the debt ceiling is expected to have an impact on the financial health of U.S. states, including Illinois.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk has applauded the idea of U.S. support for enforcement of the no-fly zone in Libya, which he believes will tilt momentum back to the rebellion against Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi.
A Naperville woman is praising her congresswoman for helping cut through red tape and get government documents for her children.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!