Nestled between Ukrainian Village and Humboldt Park, Lockdown Bar & Grill is a solid burger bar with some solid specials and some solid(ly loud) metal music. Solid or not, they’ve got a lot of tough competition in a city like Chicago that’s filled with bars serving great burgers. Below, you’ll find out how they compare. But! Before I judge them with my piercing, unprofessional, slightly creepy gaze, I should lay out what I’m looking for…
The Web site Racked.com may be pitting trendy hipsters against young and snazzy professionals, as they ask Chicagoans to pick one of six intersections as the best for shopping.
Two people were shot and critically wounded within minutes of each other overnight in the fashionable Ukrainian Village neighborhood.
It was another bloody night in Chicago, as gunfire ripped through communities on the South and West sides and left one person dead and 10 others injured between Monday afternoon and early Tuesday morning.
Chicago Police are warning residents of the Ukrainian Village neighborhood about a series of burglaries this month.
For those who like it hot, hot, hot, restaurants around Chicago are serving up different kinds of spices in all sorts of unique ways.
Chicago Police charged two men with a pair of robberies that happened within minutes of each other early Thursday morning in Ukrainian Village by using a popular application to track a stolen iPhone.
A man is dead a day after he was hit by a car in a hit-and-run crash in the Ukrainian Village neighborhood.
While there are plenty of jokers who think that Wicker Park is the sole place to take out a new beau or madam, the cool kids know to head south. Ukrainian Village has plenty of fine options for food, drinks, and spectacles. Here’s a handy guide to some of the neighborhood’s finest locales; each will help you can begin a whirlwind romance, torrid affair, sunny courtship, or any number of other romantic situations with weather-related adjectives.
Lesley Timpe has made a name for herself in Chicago. Our avid CBSChicago readers will remember seeing her label appear on our site before–when her store was rated one of the top ten boutiques in Chicago–and she’s still rocking the Chicago design world today. With a newly expanded store in Ukrainian Village, Squasht by Les offers Chicagoans a variety of locally designed merchandise, most famously, her reversible knit hats…
Jamaine Williams had already been identified as a suspect in a pizzeria robbery in Ukrainian Village, but that didn’t stop the fugitive from allegedly stealing a car — because he was tired of the one he was driving.
The woman, in her 40s, suffered a gunshot wound to the neck about 8:50 p.m. at a Subway store in the 1100 block of North Western Avenue.
A man convicted in the murder of a Near West Side pizzeria manager will learn his fate Tuesday.
When a neighbor stole a Chicago man’s snow shovel, he gave her a good use for it.
CHICAGO (STMW) – A man is dead after being struck by a CTA Blue Line train in the Ukrainian Village neighborhood Saturday night.
A man is dead after reportedly stabbing himself during a domestic incident early this morning in his Ukrainian Village neighborhood apartment.
A Ukrainian Village man was so intoxicated he threw and kicked his dog because she defecated on the kitchen floor early Thursday, police said.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!