Systemwide signal problems on the Union Pacific railroad on Tuesday morning led to a handful of Metra trains being delayed or stopped while the issue was fixed.
A new railroad bridge will be built at the site of a deadly train derailment and viaduct collapse in the northern suburbs on July 4.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) is urging the railroad industry to help prevent future train derailments that might be caused by extreme heat by conducting more frequent track inspections.
The Union Pacific Railroad is correcting some misinformation about the July 4th freight train derailment that killed a Glenview couple.
The employee, who was checking the tracks, alerted a manager that day, but the fatal pileup occurred before that supervisor could arrive, CBS 2’s Brad Edwards reports.
The public will get a chance to meet Monday evening with railroad executives and federal investigators, about the deadly 4th of July derailment and bridge collapse on the Glenview-Northbrook border.
Federal investigators are looking at video of the freight train accident that killed a Glenview couple on the 4th of July.
As crews continued cleanup of the train derailment and bridge collapse that killed a Glenview couple, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin was calling for increased federal oversight of railroad bridge inspections.
The family of a Glenview couple killed in a train derailment and bridge collapse has filed a wrongful death suit against Union Pacific Railroad over the incident, and a judge has ordered cleanup of the wreck halted to preserve evidence in the case.
Police in west suburban Lombard are investigating after a person was struck and killed by a freight train.
Police in Lake Forest are going over train schedules and looking to review video from Metra trains to determine just when a young man, whose body was found near railroad tracks in the north suburb, was fatally struck by a train.
Twelve years ago, a panel was formed to fix a major congestion problem in the near western suburbs. So what happened?
Train traffic on the Metra Union Pacific Line to and from the western suburbs was halted this morning, after electrical wires fell across the tracks.
The trendy game of Geocaching can have all the fun of an old-fashioned treasure hunt, but police in Wheaton are none too pleased at the spot some gamers picked to leave their “prize” earlier this week.
Metra trains on the Union Pacific / Northwest Line are moving again after a person was found near the tracks in northwest suburban Park Ridge.
Train engineers say they see it every day: people putting their lives at risk by running or driving across the tracks while a train is bearing down.
Nobody was injured when 10 freight cars derailed Sunday morning in north suburban Gurnee.
No one was hurt when an electrical fire started Thursday afternoon near the Union Pacific railroad tracks on the Northwest Side.
A man was walking under the train tracks when a piece of sharp rebar punctured his leg, severely wounding him.
- 3 Jump Off Roof Of Trump Tower Wearing ParachutesA trio of daredevils broke onto the roof of the Trump Tower overnight and jumped off using parachutes.158
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!