University of Chicago
Mitt Romney will return to Chicago from Springfield Monday morning, to speak at the university where President Barack Obama used to teach.
College students never expect the equivalent of five-star hotel accommodations at their dorms, but some University of Chicago students say the conditions at one dorm cross the line to the unacceptable.
An outspoken University of Chicago political scientist says talk of deploying bombs over Iran is really an effort to secure tougher international sanctions against that country.
University of Chicago economist Eric Hurst says Chicago housing prices have hit bottom, but adds no one should expect a big upward bounce in years to come.
Political strategist and former presidential adviser David Axelrod will launch a political institute at his alma mater, the University of Chicago, after the 2012 election.
A University of Chicago economist says Antarctica or Guam would be better places than Chicago for the upcoming G8 and NATO summits, now scheduled for mid-May in the Windy City.
The Chicago-based Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists has deemed the world one day closer to doomsday.
An observer and analyst of the North Korean political landscape suggests there are a couple of hopeful signs as the isolated nation gets its newest “dear leader.”
A University of Chicago employee was found hanged Sunday in the geophysical science lab building where he worked.
Chicago continues to pile up major world summits that will be coming to the city next year. The city will host the 12th annual World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates.
Stressed out? You might want to get it in check. Chicago researchers say stress could be a new risk factor for breast cancer.
Occupy Chicago protesters plan to celebrate Monday, after the University of Chicago postponed a planned discussion with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
A young man has been sentenced to 120 years in prison for the murder of a University of Chicago Ph.D. Student four years ago.
A young man who was convicted of the murder of a University of Chicago graduate student will learn his sentence Wednesday.
Burglars made off with a load of copper wire that would stretch across 2 1/2 football fields at the construction site for a new arts center at the University of Chicago.
At the University of Chicago this week, Demosthenes, Thucydides, the Peloponnesian War and H2SO4 are being cast aside at one conference coming up this week, in favor of the simpler concepts of “gym, tan, laundry.”
Police are warning neighbors of a rash of robberies in the Hyde Park neighborhood and around the University of Chicago campus.
The University of Chicago and Northwestern University are among the country’s most expensive places for a college education.
The stagnant job market appears to be having an effect on applications to Chicago’s business schools.
Three University of Chicago students were robbed within a period of half an hour overnight, and one holdup happened right in the Main Quadrangle.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!