University of Illinois at Chicago
Kyle Voissem was convicted Tuesday after a two-day bench trial, and now faces up to three years in prison. The judge also ordered him to undergo psychiatric evaluation.
Tuition for new in-state University of Illinois undergraduate students this fall will increase by 1.7 percent under a plan approved Thursday, marking the smallest tuition hike at the university in almost 20 years.
On the same day when the city of Chicago is paying out $32 million to settle two police misconduct cases, a new report details the extent of police crime, corruption and cover-ups.
Rian Pearson recorded his first double-double of the season with 24 points and 10 rebounds, and Toledo pulled away to beat Illinois-Chicago 74-55
See Native American art, attend a powwow and be surprised at who can claim American Indian heritage. Chicago has interesting native events during November and fine native museums to visit any month, including one that identifies some American Indian personalities.
A young Chicago woman’s dream of a future as a doctor has been put on hold, after disastrous conditions while she took a licensing exam led to her just barely failing the test.
Police have issued alerts after two UIC students were robbed at gunpoint — and one beaten — in the last three days on the West Side.
Chicago car wash workers are trying to organize a union and are the subject of new research that finds their employers routinely steal from them.
Another student was robbed this week near the University of Illinois at Chicago campus, prompting campus police to issue an alert.
A University of Illinois at Chicago student was robbed at gunpoint several blocks west of the main campus this week.
College student “hook-ups” are the subject of the latest study from researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
A young man was shot and killed Monday night just blocks from the University of Illinois at Chicago campus.
Check out some featured speakers and lectures that will be coming to Chicago this Fall.
A soccer player for Robert Morris University collapsed and died during practice in the University Village neighborhood on Wednesday.
U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis spoke on the UIC campus Tuesday, telling students they have a bright future. But student loans and a lifetime of debt were on the minds of many of the 100 or so in the audience.
University of Illinois at Chicago campus police say another student has been robbed near the school’s campus – for the second time in less than a week.
If you want to display contemporary art in your home, for free, there’s another option now besides letting your kids loose with fingerpaint on your walls.
As Illinois continues its search for a new head coach, new athletic director Mike Thomas is after one guy.
Naked mole rats are infamous for being ugly little creatures, but they could point the way toward improvements in treatment of heart attack victims.
Some public university employees have figured out a way to keep their jobs and double their salaries. CBS 2′s Dave Savini has been investigating this lucrative, yet legal, sweetheart deal involving government pensions.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!