University of Illinois Fighting Illini
On Thursday, the bad case of Illini indigestion was finally relieved when Ohio University’s John Groce was announced as the 17th men’s head coach in Illinois history during a press conference at Assembly Hall in Champaign.
Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas said most of those reports surrounding the school’s coaching search were completely untrue.
While there has been speculation Groce would struggle to recruit out of Chicago, the new coach said recruiting out of Chicago will be a key aspect to his program.
Here’s a picture comparing Groce with the infamous “Face Cake!” guy from the AT&T commercials.
It was seven years ago today that the Illinois men’s basketball team orchestrated the come back of the decade when they erased a 15-point deficit to defeat the Wildcats and advance to the Final Four.
This month, when it comes time for Mike Thomas to hire Illinois’ next basketball coach, I expect that he’ll choose the hottest rising one that’s available to him. And he should hire that guy – even if there’s a threat he may one day go elsewhere.
Check out this video of Bruce Weber addressing the media of Illinois’ loss.
New Illinois head football coach Tim Beckman is serious about his players obeying his rules.
While he may likely lose his job after this season, Weber is not the only problem at Assembly Hall.
Last August, Mike Thomas managed to throw down a gauntlet in Chicago.
On the heels of Illinois’ 67-62 loss to Purdue on Wednesday night, head coach Bruce Weber delivered a powerful postgame press conference.
Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show and didn’t exactly give his head basketball coach a vote of confidence.
The University of Illinois board of trustees have approved the five-year, $9 million contract for new head football coach Tim Beckman, but the vote was not unanimous.
Nebraska basketball will have Illinois seeing red at noon today when the Fighting Illini (13-3 overall, 2-1 Big Ten) welcome the Cornhuskers (8-6, 0-3) to campus for the schools’ first meeting in a major men’s sport since Nebraska joined the league.
If a Twitter ban is meant as a form of punishment for bad behavior, I get it. Because, by barring today’s college kids from using the social networking tool, you’re barring them from engaging in a huge part of campus life.
One day after Jon Tenuta accepted a position in the program, likely as the defensive coordinator, he changed his mind to stay at North Carolina State, citing family reasons for his decision.
Illinois defensive end Whitney Mercilus announced Tuesday he will enter the NFL draft.
Four Illinois football coaches have threatened to boycott the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl if they can’t settle a contract dispute with the university.
You may not believe it, but the Fighting Illini basketball team is 10-0.
College football analyst Gerry DiNardo joined The Boers and Bernstein Show to break down the hiring of Tim Beckman and what Illini fans can expect.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.94
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.209
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!