University of Illinois
Now that 670 The Score will be the new home for University of Illinois basketball and football, The Boers and Bernstein Show hosted an Illini roundtable in studio on Wednesday afternoon.
Banished from athletic events at the University of Illinois six years ago, Chief Illiniwek is now standing on the hypothetical sidelines in Champaign, holding a new proposal for his return.
Growing up, I always believed that besides the Sears Tower, Assembly Hall’s spaceship-shaped silhouette is the most recognizable of any building in Illinois. And now, just like how the Sears Tower has become the Willis Tower, the Assembly Hall has a new name as well.
The University of Illinois’ home for basketball has a new name.
Former Illinois Mr. Basketball, Jereme Richmond, has been arrested again.
Over the weekend, the Big Ten pulled off a heady play when the league leaked word that it’s mercifully dumping the much-maligned Legends and Leaders divisional monikers in favor of geographical names.
Illinois basketball has added Seton Hall’s Aaron Cosby and Illinois State’s Jon Ekey, the school announced Wednesday.
Kansas State rewarded basketball coach Bruce Weber for winning a share of the school’s first conference championship in 36 years with a raise and a one-year contract extension Wednesday.
A long-discussed plan to renovate 50-year-old Assembly Hall at the University of Illinois should start next year and, while cutting seating capacity, include adding air conditioning and suites, Athletic Director Mike Thomas said Thursday.
An Illinois State Police trooper helped save a University of Illinois student’s life during the snowstorm in central Illinois on Monday, when he and two other men lifted a car off the young man after he’d been hit by a car along I-57.
The last time Illinois and Colorado squared off in a game that truly meant something, the Fighting Illini fell far behind, staged a furious comeback and escaped with a dramatic one-point victory.
Illinois ran out of the gate to start this season, a hot-shooting surprise that opened 12-0 just months after imploding in a way that made observers wonder whether the Illini might carry the effects for some time.
Brandon Paul scored 25 points and hit a fadeaway jumper at the buzzer to lead Illinois to a 51-49 victory over Minnesota in the first round of the Big Ten tournament on Thursday.
Throughout all the brimstone, my mind kept sparking back to a thought that’s been in my head for weeks: The Fighting Illni and Weber’s Kansas State Wildcats have no business meeting in the NCAA Tournament this season. And here’s to hoping that they don’t.
Bruce Weber isn’t on the sidelines in Champaign any longer. But that hardly means the guy can’t still stir up the Illini faithful.
In 2006, when Indianapolis beat out Chicago for exclusive rights to host the Big Ten men’s basketball tournament from 2008-12, conference commissioner Jim Delany expressed his hope that a fixed location would help boost attendance for his league’s hoops extravaganza.
Former Illini standout and Illinois’ Mr. Basketball has been sentenced to eight days in the Lake County Jail, a judge ruled Friday.
What a turnaround it’s been for Illinois.
(WSCR) We’re going to assume this was just a major, major oversight by the University of Illinois ticket offices. In an email sent to Illini fans Thursday morning, the athletic department encourages fans to purchase […]
It’s the city of Love (Bob) and the city of Roses (Derrick & Family). It’s the city of heart taps (Sammy’s) and the city of kisses (Sammy’s … again). It’s the city of passions (ever seen Cubs fans?) and the city of swoons (ever seen the Cubs?).
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!