Unlawful Use Of A Weapon
Police arresting a West Side man for threatening his girlfriend with a gun Saturday night discovered assault weapons and drugs at his home.
Murder charges have been filed against a man in connection with the shooting death of Janay McFarlane, 18, who was gunned down Friday just hours after her sister stood on stage with President Barack Obama as he delivered an address against violence.
Bond has been set at $50,000 for a South Shore resident who pointed an AK-47 assault rifle at his landlord, who had gone to the man’s apartment Tuesday night to discuss his eviction.
The city’s crackdown on violence at gang funerals continued Wednesday when officers nabbed a parolee with a gun on the West Side, officials said.
The death of a Rogers Park teen who was shot in the head last week when he and his father were struggling over a handgun has been ruled a homicide, an autopsy on Saturday found.
A man has been charged in connection with a police-involved shooting early Friday in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side that left him hospitalized.
Bond was set at $100,000 Tuesday for a West Side man accused of pointing a gun at Chicago Police officers, who shot at him Sunday night in the Austin neighborhood.
A complaint of noisy fireworks early Tuesday reportedly led police to arrest two men for a weekend shooting in southwest suburban Bolingbrook.
A federal judge has thrown out part of the city’s gun law, finding a section of the ordinance is too vague and unconstitutional.
A Nevada man was arrested Saturday when he admitted that there were weapons and ammunition in his baggage during a security check at the Greyhound bus station in the West Loop.
Cook County prosecutors have dropped weapons charges against an elderly man who shot a teenage burglar who broke into his Englewood home last week.
Jamaine Williams had already been identified as a suspect in a pizzeria robbery in Ukrainian Village, but that didn’t stop the fugitive from allegedly stealing a car — because he was tired of the one he was driving.
A man involved in a barricade situation that began late Friday inside a Woodlawn residence was ordered held on $100,000 bond Sunday.
A 23-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly firing a shot inside the auto repair shop where he used to work in Elgin.
A business in south suburban Chicago Heights was ransacked shots were fired inside by an Indiana man who previously worked there, police said.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!