Van Buren Street
The man was driving in the 0-100 block of West Van Buren Street about 3:35 a.m. when he struck a support beam.
A man was shot as another man tried to rob him in a West Side alley Saturday morning.
Two dozen reputed gang members appear in court for bond hearings Friday — one day after their arrest in connection with a West Side drug market.
A 33-year-old man is dead after being struck by a vehicle in the Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side.
Bond was set at $250,000 for a man who was subdued by an off-duty Chicago Police officer after attempting to rob a gas station with a BB gun Friday night in the West Loop.
The final leg of the Wacker Drive reconstruction project begins this week, and the intersection with Jackson Boulevard alongside the Willis Tower has closed.
Police on the University of Illinois at Chicago campus have issued an alert, after a student was robbed and knocked unconscious earlier this week.
Two schools in Chicago will have new homes, thanks to a $251 million renovation and a little shuffling.
The City College system’s Malcolm X College is getting a whole new mission, as well as a new building.
Two police officers were injured Sunday afternoon in a traffic accident in the Loop.
If you’re tried of sitting in delays on the Loop ‘L,’ a fellow rider has a plan to speed things up.
Police shot and wounded a DUI suspect early Friday morning, after he led them on a chase up and down the Eisenhower Expressway.
A 10-year-old bicyclist was hospitalized after apparently riding into the side of a police vehicle Wednesday afternoon in the Austin neighborhood.
Three Chicago Police vehicles were involved in accidents overnight, and they were all connected to the same incident.
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.117
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!