The crash involved a van or minibus that crashed into a tree.
An Elgin resident faces four counts of misdemeanor animal cruelty, after authorities found 60 dead cats in a van in his driveway.
Two people were hospitalized Friday morning in an accident involving a postal truck and a van in Schiller Park.
With temperatures hovering around 100, a south suburban woman left four mentally challenged adults in a van outside a southwest suburban Walmart on Thursday, while she went inside to shop, authorities said.
The City of Evanston did an about-face Thursday, and decided to pay for repairs a woman needed after a police officer backed into her van.
Police and fire investigators aren’t saying much, but neighbors are certainly talking about what they think might be a religious hate crime.
Chicago Police released a photo Friday of a man suspected of slashing the tires of a police van during the May 19 anti-NATO demonstrations.
Officially, police say a preliminary report shows 60 iPads, 11 Apple laptops and 10 GPS devices were stolen from the store at an estimated value of $42,000.
Two West Side men have been charged with burglarizing an electronics store on the edge of the Little Village neighborhood and smashing the stolen getaway van through a garage door – prompting police to open fire.
Families in the Rogers Park neighborhood are being told to keep an eye out, as police search for two men who tried to abduct multiple children – the youngest just 4 years old.
Chicago’s Carbon Tigers say they’ll never stop making music, but some one’s trying to make it tough for them.
A CTA bus was left with a substantial dent early Friday near the Kennedy Expressway in the Far Northwest Side’s Norwood Park neighborhood.
A 70-year-old man says burglars tortured him with a red-hot spoon in his apartment in the old Cabrini-Green neighborhood, and stole the van he uses for his disabled son.
A van hit a wall and flipped over on Kedzie Avenue on the city’s Southwest Side early Friday, leaving the driver injured.
Police are looking into similarities between the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl and the attempted abduction of a 14-year-old girl.
A teenage girl walking to school says she was held at gunpoint, thrown into a van and raped. On Tuesday, friends and family were expressing concern surrounding the vehicle that some said had been parked in the area for days.
Several suspects were in police custody Monday morning, after police chased a carjacked van for about 10 miles on the city’s South Side.
It has been almost two weeks since the hit-and-run accident that killed an 18-year-old pedestrian in Lake Zurich, and police say they are still searching for the van that left the scene.
There’s an unusual benefit concert Thursday night, to help a Chicago bluesman get his van out of the auto pound.
Police say a man was driving his van drunk when he caused a rollover crash that left five people injured in the Lawndale neighborhood this morning.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!