The Blackhawks defenseman didn’t apologize for what he said, but he did say that he respects the work of reporters.
It was not a good night for the Blackhawks, but it was an even worse night for defenseman Duncan Keith.
Daniel Sedin helped the Vancouver Canucks clinch their fifth straight Northwest Division title in style.
A thumbnail look at the four teams that appear to be the biggest threats to the Blackhawks this season.
Marian Hossa’s father told a Slovakian newspaper that his son suffered a concussion Tuesday, but has not been ruled out for Friday’s game against the Sharks.
Canucks forward Jannik Hansen received a one-game suspension by the NHL for delivering a forearm to the back of Blackhawks’ forward Marian Hossa’s head on Tuesday.
As the NHL’s Department of Player Safety mulls whether or not to suspend Jannik Hansen for the forearm he delivered to the back of Marian Hossa’s head on Tuesday night, Blackhawks TV color commentator Eddie Olczyk said he thinks the league will suspend the Canucks forward.
Canucks forward Jannik Hansen received only a two-minute minor penalty for roughing after delivering a forearm to the back of Blackhawks’ forward Marian Hossa’s head on Tuesday, but he could face stiffer punishment from the league.
The Blackhawks beat the Vancouver Canucks 4-3 in a shootout on Tuesday to give them 16 straight games with at least one point, matching the league record to start a season.
It seemed a near certainty Roberto Luongo had played his final game in a Vancouver Canucks sweater after Cory Schneider supplanted him as the team’s No. 1 goaltender during last season’s playoffs.
The Vancouver Canucks recalled 12 players from their AHL affiliate Sunday as their training camp began in British Columbia.
Arneil was most recently the head coach of the Columbus Blue Jackets before being fired in January.
Chicago Wolves head coach Craig MacTavish resigned Monday to join the Edmonton Oilers as senior vice president of operations.
The top-seeded Canucks avoided an embarrassing first-round sweep with a 3-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings in Game 4 on Wednesday night.
When Jonathan Quick rapped his goal stick on his posts as the buzzer sounded, the sellout crowd unleashed 11 years of deferred playoff excitement on their Los Angeles Kings.
Vote for which of these Chicago rivals you hate the most.
It’s customary to make predictions at the start of hockey season and again at the start of the playoffs. Most of the predictions are fairly useless because “experts” really don’t know as much as they think they do and they take their picks way too seriously.
Rookie Andrew Shaw scored 2:42 into overtime to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 2-1 win over the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night.
There’s nothing like a throwing a dead fish into the middle of an ice rink to honor a loved one who has passed away. Right?
Daniel Sedin scored at 3:37 of overtime to lift the Vancouver Canucks to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!