It’s not what anyone wants to see when they walk to their car in the morning, but several Bucktown residents found shattered windshields and glass all over the street.
Someone broke into a commercial building in northwest suburban Elgin and committed thousands of dollars worth of vandalism and thievery, police reported.
An outspoken and controversial shopkeeper who has been a fixture in Lincoln Square for the past dozen years has been targeted by a vandal.
A neighborhood in southwest suburban Summit woke up Monday morning to find homes covered in graffiti and cars smashed with bricks – and now police say they have two men in custody.
Police were offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of whoever sprayed graffiti on the Gold Star Families Memorial to fallen police officers near Soldier Field.
A Roman Catholic Church in Oak Park is the victim of vandalism, after two robberies in recent weeks.
It’s snow-ing again. West suburban Naperville police are investigating an apparent resurgence in graffiti defacements, or tagging, this time clustered around Naperville North High School.
The iconic statue of actress Marilyn Monroe along Michigan Avenue just north of the Chicago River will be removed beginning May 7.
After vandals damaged an old copper cross at St. Mary of Perpetual Help Church in the Bridgeport neighborhood, offers of help started pouring in.
Two suburban teenagers are in hot water with the law, after police say boredom led them to ransack a Crystal Lake cemetery.
What started out as juvenile pranks turned a bit more serious in the northern suburbs. Police in Lindenhurst said four teenagers are in big trouble, suspected of going on a holiday vandalism spree.
Are people being targeted by vandals in one suburban neighborhood or are they just innocent victims? That’s the question Elgin police are trying to figure out after several cars were vandalized Monday – and it wasn’t the first time.
Something happened to the pines in the Pine Meadow subdivision in Spring Grove.
Homewood-Flossmoor High School is investigating an act of vandalism that caused damage estimated at several thousand dollars to the south suburban school.
Police in Aurora are investigating a string of vandalism incidents involving smashed windows.
An abandoned home in south suburban Flossmoor has become a symbol of the economic times, and is the center of attention for all the wrong reasons.
Was the vandalism of 51 floats for the Gay Pride Parade this past weekend a hate crime?
Vandals who slashed the tires of 51 parade floats overnight couldn’t put a stop to the 42nd Annual Pride Parade on Sunday along Halsted Street on the North Side.
A brick-wielding suspect in an SUV apparently went on a vandalism spree in north suburban Evanston over the weekend.
Three Orland Park men chargee with vandalizing Toyotas at the Chicago Auto Show allegedly told police they were angry about jobs going overseas.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.4254
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!