Despite the popularity of the clichéd, post-victory cry, nobody really “shocks the world.”
Mitch McGary had 21 points and 14 rebounds, and fourth-seeded Michigan breezed through Virginia Commonwealth’s vaunted pressure with a clinical performance Saturday, beating the fifth-seeded Rams 78-53 to advance to the NCAA round of 16 for the first time since 1994.
Oklahoma State had a terrific season, but got by far the toughest draw out of any five-seed in the bracket. Keep an eye on Oregon.
It’s that time again! See which teams hoops expert Jon Rothstein has moving on from each region in this year’s NCAA Tournament.
Will Shaka Smart leave his post at VCU to join Illini Nation?
It’s difficult enough to hire the right basketball coach at Illinois, without choosing to limit the field of candidates beforehand.
(CBS) You can lock him out, but you can’t keep him down. After becoming the youngest MVP in history of the NBA, Bulls point guard Derrick Rose is now a nominee for the prestigious Sports […]
As I struggled to watch a Butler-UConn national championship game completely devoid of made baskets, I thought what a shame it is that a historic, drama-filled NCAA tournament would end this way.
According to a CBSSports.com report, VCU’s Shaka Smart will stay at the school, and not cash in on the team’s Cinderella run to the Final Four.
If the Butler Bulldogs win the national title, will they please leave?
Shelvin Mack scored 23 points on 8-of-11 shooting and Zach Hahn came up big off the bench with eight second-half points in the Final Four on Saturday night,
As an 11-seed the Virginia Commonwealth Rams were never supposed to get all the way to the Final Four, let alone get out of the first round. So realistically they don’t have a chance of beating the Butler Bulldogs, right?
The coaches in the Final Four consist of two seasoned veterans and a pair of young guns who are taking college basketball by storm.
Today’s story involves whether Bruce Weber is going to leave Illinois for Oklahoma.
Just because your bracket—and mine—are completely busted, doesn’t mean that this NCAA tournament hasn’t been fun to watch. Let’s face it: it has!
Shaka Smart is the hottest name among all college basketball coaches right now. He’s taken an 11th seed Virginia Commonwealth team to the Final Four. But not too long ago he was a part of Oliver Purnell’s staff.
As I struggled to watch the University of Texas-San Antonio crush Alabama State, I had the same feeling as the night before when I witnessed Clemson cruise to victory over UAB, the ‘First Four’ is a joke, I thought.
It seems VCU has stolen the show in this year’s NCAA Tournament. The Rams improbable, yet dominant run has been unbelievable, but what’s more amazing is Butler’s return to the Final Four.
Lately I’ve been hearing a lot about how watered-down college basketball is and while I can’t completely disagree, it sure has made tournament exciting.
The members of the selection committee are feeling much better about themselves after the first weekend of the tournament.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!