Jurors deliberated for a little more than three hours Friday before finding James Ealy guilty on one count of first-degree murder in the death of 45-year-old Mary Hutchison.
A judge on Thursday refused to toss a jury verdict that suggested Chicago police adhere to a code of silence in protecting rogue officers, citing its “social value” despite claims by the city that the verdict could cost Chicago millions in other litigation.
A judge is delaying a ruling on whether to set aside a federal jury’s verdict that a “code of silence” protected ex-cop Anthony Abbate during an investigation into his beating of bartender Karolina Obrycka in 2007.
Two law professors who have brought police misconduct cases against the city have asked a federal judge to reject Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s effort to set aside a jury’s judgment that a “code of silence” exists in the Chicago Police Department.
The city of Chicago and a female bartender beaten by a Chicago cop five years ago are asking a federal judge to set aside the judgment in the lawsuit stemming from the videotaped bar beating.
Jack McCullough, 72, has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and killing Maria Ridulph in Sycamore on Dec. 3, 1957.
With the guilty verdict for Drew Peterson this week, a neighbor of the former Bolingbrook police sergeant says it is now time to put all efforts toward solving the case of Peterson’s missing fourth wife, Stacy.
One of Drew Peterson’s sons says he is disappointed that his father has been convicted of murdering the young man’s mother.
The former Bolingbrook police sergeant will be sentenced Nov. 26 and faces a prison sentence of up to 60 years in the death of Kathleen Savio.
Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky has been convicted of 45 counts at his child sex abuse trial.
A Cook County courtroom packed with Chicago police officers erupted in cheers Thursday afternoon when a jury returned a guilty verdict against a 40-year-old man charged with killing Officer Nathaniel Taylor in 2008.
A Cook County jury has convicted a 22-year-old reputed gang member of killing a Chicago police officer two years ago.
A jury has found a man guilty in the murder of University of Chicago graduate student Amadou Cisse, who was gunned down just blocks from campus four years ago.
A jury in Hammond, Ind., has awarded $13 million to the estate of a woman in a medical malpractice case against a notorious northwest Indiana “nose doctor.”
A Cook County judge has found a former Streamwood police officer guilty of aggravated battery and official misconduct for repeatedly hitting an unarmed man with his baton last year.
- Woman Charged In Machete AttackAs she slashed and cut a 30-year-old Crown Point woman with a machete, onlookers shouted for Endia Rivera to stop, saying she would kill the victim.125
- 3 Jump Off Roof Of Trump Tower Wearing ParachutesA trio of daredevils broke onto the roof of the Trump Tower overnight and jumped off using parachutes.262
- Parents Occupy Classroom To Protest School ClosingsParents took over a classroom at Lafayette Elementary to protest the city's plan to shut down the school after this year.73
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!