Army Pfc. Omar Torres gave his life for his country in Iraq, and on Tuesday, the city honored his sacrifice and service by naming a street near his Archer Heights home in his memory.
The U.S. Veterans Administration had been helping the Chicago man, but much of that support has stopped, and now he’s in the fight of his life.
A disabled veteran from Grayslake is trying to take advantage of a state loan program for veterans to buy a home – but he says he’s getting the run-around.
Talk about a G.I. bill. A 98-year-old member of the Greatest Generation is challenging a Chicago water bill of nearly $26,000. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Ahead of Memorial Day, a World War II veteran from Rockford says what he saw 67 years ago never leaves him.
College students from Chicago helped an Iraq War veteran who lives downstate by redesigning his home’s interior. CBS 2′s Rob Johnson explains.
A U.S. Army veteran who had recently returned from the war in Iraq when he killed his wife in their southwest suburban home has been sentenced to 17 years in prison, Sun-Times Media is reporting.
An outpouring of public donations has paid for the cremation of a homeless Vietnam-era veteran who was killed in downtown Elgin.
A homeless man has been held without bond, on charges that he killed a 94-year-old World War II veteran who let the man stay at his home last year.
The family of a disabled Iraqi War veteran will be getting the keys to a new home Tuesday, built in west suburban Hillside for them free-of-charge.
The body of a suburban Chicago man who served in Kosovo and Iraq as a Marine was found in the driveway of his Tinley Park home, and an autopsy showed he died of hypothermia.
An honor guard is a special way to pay tribute to America’s servicemen and women at their funerals. Members of these squads donate their time. One of those volunteers is Larry Cavanaugh, and CBS 2’s Harry Porterfield says he’s someone you should know.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!