When the deal is being made to change the tax rates and cut the deficit we must remember to keep our commitment to our veterans.
Servicemen and women joined community leaders on the South Side on Monday for the city’s annual Veterans Day parade. CBS 2′s Jim Williams talked to a retired vet that has continued to serve.
The nation observes Veterans Day on Monday, a day after the actual holiday.
A few dozen veterans and supporters gathered Sunday at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial along Chicago’s Riverwalk, where they called for the immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
Gov. Quinn, Mayor Emanuel and Sen. Dick Durbin were all on hand Friday for the annual Veterans Day ceremonies at Soldier Field, where changes in the military were very much on the minds of many former service members.
Their backgrounds are vastly different, but the candidates for the Democratic primary race for the 8th Congressional District north of Chicago are both focusing on the federal budget for veterans.
Communities across the Chicago area are planning parades and ceremonies today to mark Veterans Day.
While almost all government agencies and offices will be closed this Friday for Veterans Day, there is one exception.
On this Veterans Day, a new not-for-profit is helping veterans put their lives and their finances back on track after they leave the military. The group helps vets to pay off student loans and to find jobs.
Some former service members say they would serve again, if given the chance.
A small group gathered at St. Johannes Cemetery in Bensenville this morning for a final Veterans’ Day observance.
A group that honors World War II veterans with free flights to Washington D.C. has a long waiting list of elderly veterans who are getting older every day.
This Veterans Day, Americans will honor the men and women who have laid their lives on the line to fight for freedom.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!