How do you celebrate Memorial Day, and what does this federal holiday mean to you and your family? Read what some of our country’s veterans had to say about Memorial Day, patriotism and what this annual holiday means to them.
Those returning home to Chicago from military service may find an especially receptive job market.
There is a team of hockey players who know all about battles and wars, and these days they’re playing the game they love to raise awareness of other American heroes like them. CBS 2′s Rob Johnson reports.
The Brain Dead Republican Congress has had some low points, but last week’s Senate vote on a United Nations treaty for the disabled was notable in its outrageousness.
The head of the state’s Veterans’ Affairs Department want people to send holiday cards.
When the deal is being made to change the tax rates and cut the deficit we must remember to keep our commitment to our veterans.
The city of Chicago is looking to ease the transition back to civilian life for military veterans.
Mitt Romney, if you want to talk about mooches and freeloaders that take advantage of the system then grow a spine and show America your tax returns. Let’s see what you really pay as a percentage. Let’s see what deductions you take. Let’s see how addicted to federal benefits you are.
The recently released tape of Romney speaking to donors at a closed door fundraiser has exposed Mitt Romney to, in fact, be the person Democrats have portrayed him to be: a rich, out of touch, arrogant man that has no respect or connection to the American middle class and absolutely no interest in making the American middle class stronger.
Romney thought he was talking amongst his teammates in the locker room last May 17 only to find out that there was somebody on the other team hiding behind the lockers. Had he known a member of the other team was lurking back there, he would have chosen his words more carefully and had presented more carefully-chosen data than the data of which he swiftly generalized.
The idea that 47 percent of Americans don’t have “personal responsibility” or “care for their lives” is shockingly arrogant, even by Mitt Romney’s standards.
On the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, corporate volunteers joined veterans in a service project at a place that’s a haven for homeless vets.
Federal charges have been leveled against five people, in alleged schemes to cheat veterans and the military.
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (CBS) — Job prospects are beginning to look more promising for the state’s military veterans. As WBBM Newsradio’s Catherine Catalane reports, for returning veterans in Illinois, the unemployment rate is better than other […]
Many veterans have complained that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs keeps them waiting months for benefits and, in some cases, medical care; but the V.A. says it’s working to speed up its process.
As more American troops leave Iraq and Afghanistan, more are coming home with disabilities, but any say the wait for their disability benefits and medical care is longer and more complicated than they ever expected.
Veterans from the pivotal World War II Battle of Midway took center stage at Midway Airport as the airport marked the 70th anniversary of the battle, after which the airport is named.
As part of a new hiring policy for veterans, the CTA has a goal to attract at least a 20 percent pool of veterans during the application process for positions, including drivers, mechanics, engineers, managers and other workers.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Veterans who returned their medals to NATO just over a week ago gathered at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial at on the Chicago River on Monday, to talk about their feelings on Memorial […]
A handful of soldiers gathered Thursday morning at Vietnam Veterans Memorial Park on the Chicago River, to announce their opposition to NATO, and announce that they’re giving back their service medals on Sunday, at the start of the NATO summit.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.219
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.4192
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!