CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey talks with the husband and sister of Jennifer Bishop, one of five women fatally shot at a clothing store in Tinley Park on Feb. 2, 2008.
Gov. Pat Quinn has declared Friday as a day of mourning for the victims of the shooting massacre last week in Connecticut.
Cook County Sheriff’s investigators trying to identify victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy have solved the unrelated case of a missing man from Peoria, whose body was found on a mountainside in Utah two years ago.
The Cook County Sheriff’s office has received more lab test results, as they try to attach a name to John Wayne Gacy’s seven unidentified victims.
The Will County State’s Attorney has a new employee. He’s a 3-year-old, 63-pound Labrador Retriever named Jackson.
Two Chicago lawyers have taken a fresh look at the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of three of serial killer John Wayne Gacy’s victims, and have concluded that he had at least one accomplice.
At least three men were wounded in a Friday night shooting in the Uptown neighborhood.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart could know this week whether one or more of John Wayne Gacy’s eight previously unidentified victims has now been tentatively identified.
In the first 24 hours of the latest attempt to identify the eight unidentified victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart says authorities have received a flood of calls.
A crime scene investigator who worked the Gacy home site almost 33 years ago is wondering how much success the sheriff’s office will have even now in identifying the remains.
The remains of eight unidentified victims of John Wayne Gacy were secretly exhumed last spring.
At least half of Chicago’s mayoral candidates admit to being subject to bullying as a child.
It’s been four months since monsoon rains crippled much of Pakistan. Despite lasting devastation there, the world’s attention has been largely focused on other disasters. Chicago’s Pakistani-American community would like to change that. CBS 2’s Jim Williams reports.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4789
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!