Where’s the best place in Illinois to play those recently legalized video gambling games. CBS2’s Mike Parker found it.
Gov. Pat Quinn said Tuesday an idea to tax each slot machine and video gambling machine in Cook County ought to wait until he sits down with the legislative leaders to talk gambling expansion.
After three years of waiting, legalized video gambling in Illinois has finally begun going live at Illinois bars, restaurants, and other locations.
Video gambling in the state seems to be in a holding pattern.
The chairman of the Illinois Gaming Board warned Gov Pat Quinn on Wednesday not to expand gambling operations in Illinois. Aaron Jaffee said he wants Quinn to veto legislation passed earlier this year that would allow for a massive expansion of casino gaming in Illinois.
If the state’s Capital Construction Program is revived, much of the money for it would come from legalized video poker machines.
In a surprise move, Senate President John Cullerton Wednesday took steps to gut the controversial 2009 state law that authorized video gambling machines in bars and restaurants throughout the state, the Sun-Times is reporting.
The Illinois Appellate Court has struck down a $31 billion capital construction plan, as well as provisions that legalized video gambling in Illinois, allowed for privatization of the Illinois Lottery and raised various state taxes.
Mayor Richard M. Daley’s nephew reportedly wants to cash in on the coming video gambling market in bars and clubs across Illinois.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4789
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!