A court order entered Wednesday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue to use temporary air-stripping units to remove vinyl chloride from the public water supply.
A twist in Sauk Village’s water saga – officials have said the water supply is safe, but some residents still aren’t drinking it, even though they’re paying a lot more for it now.
Residents of Sauk Village can stop drinking bottled water, after the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency announced the chemical vinyl chloride is no longer being detected in the village’s drinking water supply.
Residents of south suburban Sauk Village may soon be able to drink water out of their faucets again.
CBS 2 has learned the temporary fix to the tainted water system in Sauk Village might cost far more than anybody thought before it’s finished.
Sauk Village’s recent woes over contaminated drinking water have served as a reminder of similar problems another Chicago suburb faced five years ago, when residents discovered their drinking water had been contaminated for years.
A court order issued Friday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue supplying bottled water to residents who request it, according to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s office.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has stepped in to help Sauk Village officials find a way to clean their town’s contaminated water supply.
Earlier this week, residents had been told that cancer-causing vinyl chloride made the water unsafe. Business owners were told to use alternative sources of water.
There is still no timetable for when the water in Sauk Village will be safe to drink, and some say the only solution may be to start stocking up on bottled water.
Everyone wants to stay hydrated with the temperature expected to approach 100 degrees Tuesday, but in Sauk Village, they’re stuck with bottled water.
Two officials in south suburban Crestwood have been indicted by federal prosecutors, on charges that they lied for more than 20 years about using well water to supplement the supply the town receives from Lake Michigan.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!