A 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a “Columbine-style” attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.
A woman has died and two others were critically wounded during a shooting in an South Side Englewood neighborhood park Saturday night.
An Englewood man who spends his time fighting gang violence has had another relative murdered and he’s asking that there be no retaliation, reports WBBM’s Veronica Carter.
On the corner near St. Sabina Church on the South Side – a grim reminder that Mother’s Day is not a day to celebrate for the women whose sons and daughters have been killed.
At least 10 people were wounded — including two 16 year olds — in shootings throughout the city Tuesday evening.
Sadly, the warm weather often means more crime. Jason in the Uptown neighborhood sent us an e-mail about a shooting this week near Truman College. In this Original Report, CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker caught up with officers walking the beat near the scene of the crime.
A man is dead after being critically wounded during a shooting Monday morning in the South Shore neighborhood, police said.
Chicago’s mayor and top cop are talking about how police handled unruly mobs downtown this past weekend, and what it might mean for visitors planning to come to the City this summer, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
An alleged gang member was shot and killed and another man was injured Friday evening during a gang-related shooting in the Logan Square neighborhood.
Chicago Police are moving back toward community policing – by having officers on foot in some of the most violence-prone neighborhoods.
This past weekend, two brothers were on their way to their grandmother’s house for Sunday dinner. Both brothers were shot and killed.
Funeral home directors and morticians led a demonstration against gun violence in Chicago.
Eleven churches from the west side Austin neighborhood hope to curb violence in the community by reaching out one-on-one to teens.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy showed off some of the 1220 guns seized by officers in the first nine weeks of the year, and he said he’s considering expanding the number of “hot zones” he saturates with officers on overtime.
Funeral services were held today on the West Side for an 18-year-old Chicago High School student shot in the back, allegedly by a gang member aiming for someone else, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
Funeral directors on Friday held the visitation for the 15-year-old Chicago teen who performed at President Obama’s inauguration festivities only to be gunned down days later on the South Side.
It happened when CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine asked the mayor about his own experiences growing up in Chicago.
The shooting death of 15-year-old honor student Hadiya Pendleton last Tuesday has been the subject of Sunday sermons all across Chicago.
Police arrested 43 people and seized illegal drugs with an estimated street value of $23,000 during a series of raids around the city Thursday and Friday.
At least five people were wounded in shootings across Chicago Thursday.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!