A man was shot in the head on the State Street bridge near the Loop Monday evening but survived and was able to talk with police, who searched for the gunman.
Madison Street is now closed between Canal and Franklin streets downtown, as Phase 2 of the Wacker Drive reconstruction project begins.
A huge construction parade is marching south down Wacker Drive starting Tuesday, as city engineers reopen Washington Street and close Madison Street to begin the second phase of reconstruction.
Workers at the Hyatt Regency Hotel downtown are on strike, in a one-day walkout in response to an attempt by the hotel giant to outsource labor.
Twenty-five people were arrested for blocking traffic briefly on Wacker Drive, during a noisy demonstration outside of an executives’ summit at a downtown hotel.
Good news for motorists — a major West Loop intersection is reopening Friday to traffic for the first time since early January.
A sport-utility vehicle and a pickup truck crashed in the heart of downtown Chicago this morning.
More than 100 concrete trucks will form a caravan to the intersection of Randolph Street and Wacker Drive to rebuild the pavement today.
The city is advising drivers to stay away from Wacker Drive and Lake Street tomorrow, as more than 1,100 cubic yards of concrete are hauled in to rebuild the roadway.
Three months into its latest phase, the City of Chicago says the massive Wacker Drive reconstruction project is on schedule and within budget.
A much-needed revamp of Upper Wacker Drive is making things tough for businesses within the barricaded construction zone.
A facelift for Wacker Drive has been leaving frown lines on many commuters, especially pedestrians.
Starting Monday, several CTA bus stop locations along Canal Street downtown will be changed in an effort to improve traffic flow and for customer safety.
The city is making changes to ease the congestion that has resulted from the Wacker Drive reconstruction project.
All in all, pedestrians and the estimated 60,000 motorists who use Wacker daily survived the hassles of the construction project that got under way Monday, officials said.
The second phase of Wacker Drive reconstruction begins today, and several streets are already closed.
As the new year arrives, so will a new portion of the Wacker Drive reconstruction project.
CHICAGO (STMW) – Work resumes Jan. 3 on the Upper and Lower Wacker Drive reconstruction. Upper Wacker Drive will be closed between Randolph and Washington, and Lower Wacker Drive will be open to local traffic […]
The lights were out Friday morning for dozens of workers on the northwest edge of the Loop.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!