The year 2012 will be remembered fondly in Chicago for one thing for sure: Warmer temperatures.
This week’s unseasonably warm weather may be perfect for Thanksgiving Day football games, but it’s a little too warm for Chicago’s outdoor ice skating rinks.
It’s hard to believe spring doesn’t even start until Tuesday, but already flowers are blooming, and trees are budding.
Once again, not only has the record high temperature for a March day in Chicago been broken, but the mercury has surpassed 80 degrees for the fifth day in a row.
For the fourth day in a row, a record-setting high temperature has been set in Chicago.
The corned beef, green beer and other hallmarks of St. Patrick’s Day are in place for weekend festivities. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Believe it or not, there’s a snowmobile race going on in southern Wisconsin this summery weekend.
People flocked to the sidewalks, jogging paths and favorite spots on the lakefront as the temperature climbed well into the 60s Tuesday afternoon, but violence also erupted on city streets.
One year ago, Chicago was bracing for a blizzard that eventually shut down Lake Shore Drive and forced hundreds of drivers to abandon their cars on the lakefront. Today, there wasn’t a flake of snow in sight as the Chicago area reveled in temperatures nearing 60 degrees.
It’s the day after Christmas, but it seems like someone forgot to tell Old Man Winter, because neither snow nor temperatures see to be falling. He must have hit the snooze button when winter officially started a few days ago, because the weather has been more like autumn.
The weather forecast for this weekend’s Chicago Marathon calls for temperatures in the mid- to high-70s, which is definitely on the warm side for running 26 miles.
As what remains of the blizzard snow melts on this springlike day, there is a warning that the sewers can easily get plugged up.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!