A former worker in an assisted living home in Warrenville has admitted to using residents’ ATM cards to steal thousands of dollars in cash from their accounts.
A former house manager for a west suburban group home for the developmentally disabled stands charged with stealing nearly $9,000 from the residents.
Authorities received a call about the leak at the Lifetime Fitness located in the 28000 block of Diehl Road about 5:55 p.m. Friday.
It will take an investigation by the DuPage County Coroner’s office to confirm that just one person died in a car that was engulfed in flames after it struck a gas line in west suburban Warrenville early Sunday.
An ultimate fighter convicted of a rampage in an apartment in Warrenville was handed a pricey repair bill in court.
Coming up later this month in Warrenville is CoffeCon 2012, a convention for those who can’t find total satisfaction at Starbucks alone.
Five people were hurt, two seriously, in west suburban Warrenville Wednesday when a car drove through a restaurant patio and into the side of the building at the height of the lunch hour.
Illinois State Police say contrary to an accusation, a state trooper did not cause a crash that left a motorcyclist dead last week on the Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway.
A motorcyclist was killed in a crash on the Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway over the weekend, but there are differing stories being told about what caused the accident.
Low levels of radiation from Japan have been detected in the Chicago area, in Will and DuPage counties.
The murder trial of a 25-year-old Maywood man continues this morning, and to say it is an unusual one would be an understatement.
A man and woman were charged after they allegedly held up a Jamba Juice. The staff was tied up with duct tape and thrown into a freezer.
The state’s first proton therapy center for cancer patients is now open for business.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!