It’s happened again in downtown Hinsdale; on Monday, for the third time in five weeks, a car crashed into a building on the same block in its historic downtown district.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson is all for making Chicago more bike friendly, but he has some concerns about Mayor Emanuel’s plans for Washington Street in the Loop.
Police are searching for a man who robbed a Subway sandwich shop in the Loop on Monday morning.
Two Elgin men were arrested in the West Side Austin neighborhood Saturday with a loaded automatic weapon that they planned to use to avenge the shooting death of a friend.
A pedestrian was hospitalized Thursday morning, after being hit by a taxi downtown.
Firefighters made a daring rescue high above the Loop Thursday morning, as two workmen nearly fell off their scaffolding at a high-rise office building downtown.
The Billy Goat Tavern is closing its location in the northwest section of the Loop.
Chicago-based GrubHub is moving its headquarters from the city’s Near Northwest Side to the heart of the Loop.
Controversy has erupted over a plan for a fertility clinic in downtown Naperville.
A Citibank branch in the Loop was robbed Monday afternoon.
Four people, including two Niles police officers, were hospitalized Tuesday after a crash.
A Naperville woman accused of touching off a chain reaction accident has some big troubles that go beyond the crash.
A commotion erupted in the Loop this morning, when a ComEd vault began spewing smoke and caused power outages.
A huge construction parade is marching south down Wacker Drive starting Tuesday, as city engineers reopen Washington Street and close Madison Street to begin the second phase of reconstruction.
Michigan Avenue downtown was busy and bustling as usual in the midday hours, but a suspicious package shut the road down in the wee hours when a suspicious package was discovered.
At least two people were injured, one of them seriously, early Sunday when two cars collided at a Loop intersection.
Four people were hospitalized early this morning when a CTA bus and a car collided at Washington and Clark streets downtown.
An art exhibit in the Loop is focusing on the power and strength of women.
A suspicious package that brought police and fire crews to a West Loop building for about two hours Wednesday morning turned out to be computer parts.
Three men were killed, and two more were wounded, in a drug robbery overnight in Gary, Ind.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!