A prosecutor told jurors before they began deliberations Friday that a one-time suburban Chicago water official lied about drawing village water from a well tainted with a cancer-causing chemical, while her attorney declared her a scapegoat of an inner circle of powerful men.
Crestwood’s former certified water operator pleaded guilty Thursday to federal charges that he lied to regulators about mixing water from a tainted well with the village water supply.
A court order entered Wednesday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue to use temporary air-stripping units to remove vinyl chloride from the public water supply.
A twist in Sauk Village’s water saga – officials have said the water supply is safe, but some residents still aren’t drinking it, even though they’re paying a lot more for it now.
Residents of Sauk Village can stop drinking bottled water, after the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency announced the chemical vinyl chloride is no longer being detected in the village’s drinking water supply.
CBS 2 has learned the temporary fix to the tainted water system in Sauk Village might cost far more than anybody thought before it’s finished.
Sauk Village’s recent woes over contaminated drinking water have served as a reminder of similar problems another Chicago suburb faced five years ago, when residents discovered their drinking water had been contaminated for years.
A court order issued Friday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue supplying bottled water to residents who request it, according to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s office.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has stepped in to help Sauk Village officials find a way to clean their town’s contaminated water supply.
Earlier this week, residents had been told that cancer-causing vinyl chloride made the water unsafe. Business owners were told to use alternative sources of water.
Everyone wants to stay hydrated with the temperature expected to approach 100 degrees Tuesday, but in Sauk Village, they’re stuck with bottled water.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!