A boater helped rescue a man in the Chicago River on Wednesday afternoon in the Loop.
A woman visiting from Texas performed CPR on a 60-year-old man she found unresponsive in the waters of Lake Michigan on Sunday in the North Side Rogers Park neighborhood.
A middle-aged man is lucky to be alive this morning after jumping into the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal to show off Wednesday night.
A couple and their 4-year-old child had to be rescued after they fell off a raft in Lake Michigan Wednesday evening.
Chicago Police say a boat going too fast Wednesday afternoon caused a smaller boat to sink just south of Navy Pier.
A 17-year-old boy, who was kayaking for the first time, helped rescue a man who fell into the Chicago River on Wednesday.
Two men were rescued from a boat that was sinking in Lake Michigan about a half mile from Navy Pier Sunday night.
A day after her husband and his friend were rescued from their floundering boat in Lake Michigan, a Chicago woman thanked the CBS 2 chopper pilot and reporter who spotted them and called for help.
A dramatic rescue unfolded on Wednesday when two sailors were plucked from Lake Michigan after spending several minutes clinging for their lives on the side of their overturned sailboat. Officials said the men apparently had been drinking. At least one of the men was involved in a similar incident about a year ago.
After hearing the children’s cries for help, people living across from the pond took action. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
A man pulled from Lake Michigan Sunday afternoon on the North Side has died at an area hospital.
An off-duty Chicago firefighter pulled a fisherman out of Lake Michigan at Diversey Harbor on Wednesday, after the fisherman fell in the icy water.
A 10-year old boy who fell waist-deep into a neighborhood pond Sunday afternoon in unincorporated Arlington Heights was rescued by two children.
Sources say a Chicago Fire captain shoved a police officer earlier this month, as they tried to rescue two men from the water near Goose Island.
The U.S. Coast Guard honored the crews of two Chicago River tour boats on Thursday for their bravery in two separate rescues along the river this month.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!