The Chicago City Council has approved Mayor Emanuel’s plan to reduce the water bills of some charitable groups, but negotiations are still continuing, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
To be honest, 2nd Ward Alderman Robert Fioretti says he hasn’t seen the mayor’s ordinance yet and whether it exempts enough charities. But if it doesn’t, he says he and some colleagues have their own.
The former Crestwood water department head accused of lying to investigators about the village’s use of tainted well water in its drinking supply has been found guilty of the federal charges.
Underway at this hour, jury selection in the case of contaminated water in far south suburban Crestwood, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
Three current students and one former student from Wilmington High school were killed when their car plunged into a Will County creek on Tuesday
Experts say the lack of snow — coming off of an extremely dry summer — is literally stressing trees out. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
Residents of south suburban Sauk Village may soon be able to drink water out of their faucets again.
CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez talks with a nutrition expert about some of the different products in the marketplace.
Residents of Sauk Village have been told that cancer-causing vinyl chloride is in their water supply. Business owners were told to use alternative sources of water. Water distribution for residents of Sauk Village starts immediately and will be handed out per the following schedule:
There is still no timetable for when the water in Sauk Village will be safe to drink, and some say the only solution may be to start stocking up on bottled water.
Everyone wants to stay hydrated with the temperature expected to approach 100 degrees Tuesday, but in Sauk Village, they’re stuck with bottled water.
Hundreds of families in northwest Indiana were without water for more than a day. As CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports.
Police are searching for a man who disappeared after hopping off a pontoon boat to go swimming in Gages Lake in the far north suburbs.
Two south suburban Crestwood officials indicted on federal charges in the village’s tainted drinking water scandal will be going to trial in August, according to a recent U.S. District Court filing.
A problem with nasty-tasting rusty water may finally be fixed for residents near the far west suburban community of Montgomery.
Officials in Des Plaines are considering quitting buying water from the City of Chicago, on the grounds that it is too expensive.
A 59-year old man has died after he fell into a small lake in Homewood.
People who live west of the Chicago area are raising a ruckus over the kind of water that’s been coming out of their taps for nearly two months – rusty water.
You might say that the New Year starts in earnest today, as just about everyone gets back to work. And it’s almost a sure thing that if you live in Chicago or suburban Cook County, your day-to-dat life will be more expensive.
A man’s body was pulled from Montrose Harbor Tuesday morning.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!