Jurors deliberated for a little more than three hours Friday before finding James Ealy guilty on one count of first-degree murder in the death of 45-year-old Mary Hutchison.
A north suburban sheriff’s deputy is free on bond after being charged with obstruction of justice and soliciting a sexual act.
The seventh-grade student knew her friends weren’t joking about her hair being on fire when they slapped her on the head as she began to smell smoke, said Park City 14-year-old Tatyana Butler.
Jury selection was under way when a north suburban man changed his mind about going to trial and took a plea deal in a blowtorch murder case, the Lake County News-Sun is reporting.
Third time’s the charm for the Waukegan Public Library. It’s been given the nation’s highest award for libraries and museums.
Robbers struck a bank branch on the city’s Southwest Side and a credit union in Waukegan on Wednesday.
The air traffic control towers at airports in Waukegan, Gary and Kenosha are among 149 facilities that will close starting April 7.
A Lake County jury convicted a north suburban Waukegan man of sexually assaulting an Evanston woman with learning disabilities.
Sandra Rogers said she wished her ex-husband dead weeks before he was brutally attacked with a sledgehammer, the couple’s daughter testified Friday.
Lake County prosecutors have finally cleared the name of a man who served 20 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.
A rash of automated teller machine (ATM) armed robberies in Waukegan was brought to a halt over the weekend after police nabbed three young men and a juvenile following a traffic stop Saturday.
It’s a letdown, especially hard on the kids. As many as 40 of them are there daily before or after school, most having nowhere else to go. CBS 2′s Chris Martinez reports.
Waukegan police credit a quick-thinking officer.
At least two men approach people attempting to use ATMs after dark and order them at gunpoint to hand over their cash or withdraw more money.
Jereme Richmond, 20, was before Circuit Judge John Phillips for status of the state’s petition to revoke his probation.
Bennie Starks served more than 20 years for a rape in Waukegan that he did not commit.
After spending almost 70 years, submerged in Lake Michigan salvage experts pulled an old World War II fighter plane out of the water on Friday.
The owners of a Waukegan grocery store have admitted to stealing nearly $850,000 from the federal food stamp program.
A sunken World War II Wildcat Fighter has concluded its final fight–45 miles under the water to a safe harbor in Waukegan.
While first responders were on-scene within three minutes, searching the smoke-filed labyrinth-like basement proved difficult, taking the fire fighters about 10 minutes to locate the child.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!