Thieves posed as legitimate tradesmen when they recently went after a commercial air-conditioning unit for its parts.
A Lake County man wrongfully imprisoned for 20 years — half his life — following the 1992 rape and murder of an 11 year old girl, has filed a lawsuit.
Joe Pirelli doesn’t remember much about being attacked on the street in his Near North neighborhood in north suburban Waukegan the night of July 27, but his face bears the testimony — five days after the beating, purple discoloration lingered around his eyes, and separate lines of stitches zigzagged across his forehead.
The mother of a 13-year-old girl told police her daughter had been receiving inappropriate text messages from the suspects.
North Chicago Mayor Leon Rockingham is fighting back on a recent allegation of police brutality by a woman who claims she was battered by a North Chicago police officer on two occasions.
The Lake County Sheriff’s Special Investigations Unit wrapped up the six-month investigation nicknamed Operation Log Jam by executing warrants or conducting bust buys at six stores, seizing drugs, weapons and cash, and arresting four people in the operation aimed at the sale of K-2, or synthetic marijuana.
It’s easy to get away from Chicago to Waukegan in just an hour, but take the long way instead. Make some quick but unforgettable stops to turn a simple drive into a great time you will always remember. The great part about this getaway is that you can accomplish it on just a tank of gas, and the end result, Waukegan, is always a good time.
Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing his second Waukegan TCF Bank branch this month Wednesday morning in the north suburb.
Authorities have charged three men and a woman with the murder of a man whose body was found in a pond in Barrington nearly a year ago.
Author and Waukegan native Ray Bradbury has died at the age of 91.
With four recent high-profile cases, a Waukegan defense lawyer says Lake County has become a hotbed of false convictions.
A north suburban man was charged Friday with the heroin overdose death of a 26-year-old man Wednesday.
Prosecutors in Lake County have lodged charges in two high-profile murder cases, in which other men have been charged or convicted.
If you live in the far north suburbs, you could awaken to a huge flame in the sky Wednesday morning.
A north suburban Waukegan man took a plea deal that kept him out of prison for an incident in which he took a needle and thread to his son’s buttocks.
Following the deaths of two people held at the Lake County Jail in Waukegan, a prominent attorney has been brought in to determine if any misconduct was involved.
A Waukegan man has landed in jail after turning a routine eviction into a tense police standoff.
Police issued a $2 million, two-count first-degree murder warrant for Edson Silva, 27, of the 1300 block of Ridgeland Avenue.
A Waukegan man is facing drug and theft charges after police say they caught him running a phony drug rehab home.
Police said the fatal shooting of the 29-year-old victim happened during some kind of an altercation in the parking lot.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!