A northwest suburban man and his father are in federal custody after being charged with conspiring to provide machinery and parts for weapons of mass destruction to North Korea through a Glenview-based company.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said the tally could go considerably higher. Pallets were still being unloaded at a West Side police warehouse where the weapons will be sorted.
Inmates at the Lake County Jail were having coffee Thursday morning when officers with dogs stormed in.
A Nevada man was arrested Saturday when he admitted that there were weapons and ammunition in his baggage during a security check at the Greyhound bus station in the West Loop.
Cook County sheriff’s officials evicting a Glenview man from his rental home on Wednesday learned the man had deeper legal problems: He was growing marijuana and sitting on a cache of firearms.
A suburban man and a woman from Chicago were arrested and five guns were recovered Friday night in the Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk says he believes the Libyan rebels should be given weapons to help them overthrow the Gadhafi regime, but Sen. Dick Durbin says that he believes the rebels need an effective command structure far more.
The mother of a young woman murdered in the Northern Illinois University massacre three years ago, is among those speaking out against a bill that would allow Illinoisans to carry concealed weapons.
A Highland Park resident was arrested in Romania Feb. 10 and charged with conspiring to aid terrorists in Afghanistan by attempting to obtain and sell anti-aircraft missiles and other weapons to the Taliban.
Chicago Police said they nabbed a gun trafficker who illegally sold a dozen guns, including one weapon to a man who was then murdered.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.281
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!