A winter weather advisory is in effect tonight for the Chicago area.
A “significant winter storm” could bring as much as four or five inches of snow to parts of the Chicago area late Thursday and early Friday, according to the National Weather Service.
A wind advisory is in effect for the Chicago area until 4 p.m.
A freezing rain advisory for Chicago area.
A fast-moving storm will create moderate to heavy snowfall for a couple of hours on Tuesday afternoon.
Snowfall across the area on Monday is making for a long and treacherous morning commute.
The Chicago area will be under a winter advisory tonight and through Monday morning’s commute, with the National Weather Service forecasting 3 to 6 inches of snow falling between 9 p.m. Sunday and noon. As much as two inches of snow could blanket the city by morning.
Remember Tuesday? When Chicago set a record for warmth? Tonight, temperatures will be more than 60 degrees lower!
The Chicago area could get as much as an inch of snow overnight, according to the National Weather Service. The snow could reduce visibility to under a mile at times.
Once upon a time, a record breaking warm January day in Chicago was followed by a record breaking blizzard.
hicago weather can be crazy in January, but this is one for the record books.
According to CBS 2′s Ed Curran, the storm will create freezing rain that will create a coating of ice that could amount to one to two tenths of an inch.
An inch of snowfall in January wouldn’t typically even be noticed by most Chicagoans, but this year is a bit different.
Winter in Chicago has mostly been on hiatus, but not this week.
We are at the halfway point of what experts call “meteorological winter” and it really hasn’t amounted to much.
The warm, dry weather set another record on Wednesday.
It has not been a white winter so far in Chicago, as the city has recorded barely more than an inch of snow.
Those dreaming of a white Christmas in Chicago might get a flurry — but it won’t be a winter wonderland.
Those Christmas presents you’re waiting on could be delayed by this week’s wintry weather.
The Chicago area got only a light dusting of snow overnight, after forecasts called for as much as 4 to 6 inches in some northwestern suburbs.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!