More than 4,000 students in West Chicago will return to classrooms Thursday morning after teachers and school district officials hammered out a “tentative agreement” that ends a three-day strike.
Elementary school teachers in West Chicago hit the picket lines on Monday, after going on strike.
Two local school districts are facing possible teachers’ strikes, and one could come as soon as Wednesday.
A western suburb with a sizable Mexican-American population has been forced to cancel its Mexican Independence Day celebration this September.
Though they were without power for days, neighbors in one hard-hit part of West Chicago have high praise for ComEd crews who’ve been working around the clock.
Thousands of homes and businesses across the Chicago area remained without power Tuesday, after a fast-moving round of storms on Sunday.
The storms on Sunday produced only dark skies and rumbles of thunder with no rain at all in some areas, but other areas were hit with powerful winds that have left a trail of extensive damage, and power outages that cold last for days.
As many as 15 construction vehicles were destroyed in a fire early Monday in West Chicago.
A west suburban police officer apparently killed herself on Monday in her home in West Chicago.
For the first time in its history, West Chicago now has a Hispanic mayor.
West Chicago Mayor Mike Kwasman died Tuesday afternoon, three days after suffering a heart attack.
West Chicago Mayor Mike Kwasman is undergoing treatment at Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield after suffering a heart attack Saturday, according to a statement from the town.
A pedestrian was struck and killed by a car in West Chicago Friday night.
The family of a Cicero teenager is suing in federal court in Chicago, accusing a West Chicago police officer of shooting at their car and wounding him.
It was five years ago today when businessman and musician John Spira disappeared from his West Chicago office parking lot.
A traffic chase between an off-duty police officer and a car involved in a hit-and-run accident in the west suburbs Saturday ended on Fermi Lab property when the officer opened fire on the car, striking someone in the backseat.
Treacherous, ice-covered roads early Thursday were blamed for numerous serious accidents across the Chicago area.
The Metra Union Pacific West Line was shut down for some time Thursday morning, after a train hit an empty car in West Chicago.
A pilot passed up two chances to land at suburban airports — because he didn’t want to get stranded — just minutes before crashing near Crystal Lake last month, killing his two daughters and one of the girls’ boyfriends.
Two people were rescued from the third floor balcony of a West Chicago apartment building Sunday night, after they became trapped during a fire.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5351
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!