Denise Warfield, 47, was found just before 4:30 p.m. Saturday in a building in the 7200 block of South Ashland Avenue, authorities said.
At least nine people were wounded in gun violence throughout the city over the weekend, including three men who were shot at the same time in the West Englewood neighborhood early Monday.
One adult and one child were treated for smoke inhalation after a small fire broke out in a residence in the West Englewood neighborhood Saturday afternoon.
Three people were hurt, two critically, when a fire broke out in a home in the West Englewood neighborhood.
A teenage boy has been charged with sexually assaulting a girl at gunpoint Thursday morning in the West Englewood neighborhood.
One man lay dead while another was taken to a hospital in serious condition following a Thursday night shooting in the West Englewood neighborhood.
A West Town neighborhood man became the city’s first homicide victim of the New Year, which so far has seen at least ten other people wounded in separate shootings, authorities said.
A young mom and her sister went to parties, leaving their unsupervised children to die in a house fire, prosecutors said.
Two Chicago women have been charged in connection with the fire-related deaths of two small children over the weekend in West Englewood.
The shooting occurred at 55th Street and Ashland Avenue.
The incident occurred about 11:40 a.m. when an officer witnessed a male offender firing gunshots at two people near 63rd Street and Honore Street.
Three people were killed and five more were injured by gunfire in Chicago overnight – including a pregnant woman, and a teenage boy who was shot for the second time in a month.
At least five people were killed, and 23 others were wounded, by gunfire and other violence in Chicago this past weekend.
Two men are in critical condition after they were shot early Saturday in the West Englewood neighborhood on the South Side.
One man was killed, and six more were injured, in shootings around Chicago overnight.
Two people were killed and eight others were wounded in gun violence that struck several neighborhoods on the city’s South and West sides overnight.
Three people, including two teenagers, have been charged with attacking and robbing an elderly World War II veteran Monday in the West Englewood neighborhood.
One teenage boy was killed and 12 others were injured in Chicago just between 9 p.m. Monday and 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Police are crediting the cooperation of neighbors, as well as the keen ears and efforts of investigators, in leading to the arrest of a man wanted for the shooting of another man early Saturday in the West Englewood neighborhood.
Four people — including two infants — have been taken to hospitals from a fire in the South Side West Englewood neighborhood Saturday afternoon.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.94
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.209
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!