West Nile virus
You may have to start scratching in a month or so, but you don’t have to start worrying, as recent heavy rains and floods encourage the growth of flood water mosquitoes, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
Fellow firefighters described Thomas Flahive as a healthy 58-year-old.
Thomas Flahive was a healthy 58-year-old, his fellow firefighters tell CBS 2’s Pamela Jones.
CBS 2’s Courtney Gousman has the story of Catherine Wolski’s extraordinary turnaround.
Officials in Evanston confirm that the number of West Nile Virus cases in the city among humans is continuing to grow.
The spray has been used for decades, but officials want families and their pets to limit their exposure to it, CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports.
The death of the 64-year-old Elgin man is the second in Illinois this year from West Nile.
It’s gearing up to be one of the worst years ever for West Nile Virus.
Days after the mayor of Lombard died of the West Nile virus, it turns out that the mayor of Evergreen Park is also now suffering from the disease.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Funeral arrangements now are set for the longtime Lombard village president who died of West Nile virus over the weekend. WBBM Newsradio’s Regine Schlesinger reports 76-year-old Bill Mueller led Lombard for 19 […]
The long-time village president of west suburban Lombard died on Saturday from complications caused by West Niles Virus, according to a statement posted on the village’s website.
Officials were spraying to kill mosquitos in Skokie on Wednesday, as part of a continuing effort to contain the spread of the West Nile Virus.
Bill Mueller, the longtime village president in west suburban Lombard, is now battling both cancer and the West Nile virus.
The City of Chicago is taking action Tuesday and Wednesday, in hopes of minimizing Chicagoans’ chances of getting the West Nile virus.
With the first reported human cases of the West Nile virus in the Chicago area, local health departments are taking no chances.
The West Nile virus is back. State health officials have confirmed two human cases in the northwest suburbs.
This week’s heavy rain is long gone, but in the next few days we should be seeing more reminders of it – of the buzzing and biting variety.
Three more batches of mosquitoes collected recently have tested positive for West Nile Virus, the Kane County health Department said Friday.
Experts have warned 2012 could be a bad year for West Nile — and it is.
Mosquitoes with West Nile virus have been discovered in traps at two parks in west suburban Naperville.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!