Eight people — including a 17-year-old boy left critically wounded — were shot Monday afternoon and evening throughout the city.
The number of people killed or wounded over the last few days added up to the single-most violent weekend in Chicago this year. Those killed ranged in age from 16 to 40.
Two people were killed and at least 10 others were wounded by gunfire across Chicago since Tuesday evening.
Two people were killed and at least 17 others were hurt in shootings across the city since Friday afternoon, including two people shot when gunfire erupted near a passing ambulance — forcing paramedics to take cover and call for help.
A group of parents from three elementary schools that are closing on the South Side took a trip to the North Side on Thursday, and tried to enroll their kids at a school whose name is synonymous with wealth and privilege.
Four people were killed and at least 11 others were wounded in shootings Wednesday and early Thursday.
The fire broke out in the one-and–a-half story home in the 4100 block of West Gladys Avenue in the West Garfield Park neighborhood about 4 a.m.
A fire at a senior citizen high-rise in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood left an elderly woman critically injured Friday afternoon.
The 2-11 alarm fire occurred at a 3-story apartment building at 1433 S. Kenneth Ave. about 5:45 a.m.
Four people were hurt in a gang-related shooting after large groups of teenagers started fighting in the street Monday night in the West Side Austin neighborhood.
Patty Nedved believes advanced degrees help nurses gain a better perspective on patient care.
Police arresting a West Side man for threatening his girlfriend with a gun Saturday night discovered assault weapons and drugs at his home.
Witnesses described hearing more than two dozen gunshots, and seeing people running for cover before police arrived on the scene.
Darris Moore is accused of shooting the 10-year-old about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of North Waller Avenue.
One suspect is in the hospital and three more are on the run after two shootouts and a police chase involving an off-duty officer on the West Side.
An Austin woman allegedly used money she stole from the man she helped kill to get her nails done and purchase “new hair” to replace the strands she lost during the deadly struggle.
Seven men were wounded by gunfire on the South and West sides Monday, including four men who were shot by a lone gunman while they gathered on an Englewood porch.
A teenager was fatally shot and a man was stabbed to death in separate incidents on Sunday.
A 14-year-old boy was fatally wounded Sunday afternoon during a West Side drive-by shooting that police believe was gang-related.
Janice Prince, 49, of the 7900 block of South Hermitage Avenue, was found with signs of trauma to the head in Douglas Park.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5351
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!