A man dubbed the “Mummy Bandit” by the FBI, because his head and face are covered, robbed a West Town bank Tuesday, marking at least four such crime committed while carrying various items such as stuffed toys and a bucket.
The crash occurred about 3:30 a.m. in the 400 block of North Union Avenue.
Three people have been killed and five others wounded in Chicago gun violence since Friday afternoon, authorities said. Many of the shooting victims, including two of the people killed, are teenagers.
A man died Saturday after being shot in the West Town neighborhood on the North Side.
A West Town neighborhood man became the city’s first homicide victim of the New Year, which so far has seen at least ten other people wounded in separate shootings, authorities said.
A 25-year-old man died after he accidentally shot himself in the face in his West Town home late Friday.
It has been a terrifying and deadly weekend in Chicago, with at least seven people dead and at least 24 more wounded in shootings since Friday afternoon.
Witnesses in the West Town neighborhood helped detain a parolee who smashed the window of a parked car to steal a woman’s purse Thursday afternoon, while she and her young daughter sat in the vehicle.
Police have released a surveillance photo showing the gunman who shot and killed an employee at a West Town Subway restaurant.
A man from the Far South Side has been charged with DUI and other traffic offenses following a crash in the West Town neighborhood that sent four people — two of them in serious to critical condition — to hospitals early Saturday.
No one was injured Sunday when the roof of a warehouse partially collapsed in the West Town neighborhood on the North Side.
Four people were seriously wounded in two shootings in the West Town area on the Near Northwest Side early Saturday.
The frontman for a local rockabilly band is being remembered, after he died from injuries in a motorcycle accident in the West Town neighborhood last week.
A man was left in critical condition early Thursday when he fell off his motorcycle in the West Town neighborhood.
A part of the busy Blue Line subway was briefly shut down Wednesday morning, after a person was found on the tracks.
Police are looking for clues into a shooting early Thursday that left a man dead in the West Town neighborhood.
The East Village, Ukrainian Village and Wicker Park neighborhoods, which are renown for their independent leanings, immigrant populations and hipster appeal, are also home to many family-friendly spots, especially during the summer.
CHICAGO (STMW) – Three males were shot at a gas station early Saturday in the West Town neighborhood. About 12:25 a.m., three males were shot in the 1900 block of West Division Street, police News […]
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!