A 62-year-old man was shot inside a Logan Square store Tuesday afternoon after struggling with a male who had just robbed the business.
The crash happened around 8:30 p.m. near 31st Street and Western Avenue.
Three people are dead and at least five people have been wounded in gun violence in the city late Friday through early Sunday, police said.
A man driving in the North Side Roscoe Village neighborhood Saturday morning was wounded when someone in another vehicle shot him.
Two teenage boys were wounded in separate shootings Friday evening on the West Side.
An 86-year-old man is dead and a woman was critically injured after being struck by a SUV Friday in the North Side Lincoln Square neighborhood.
A motorist struck two high school students as they left Lane Tech High School on the North Side Monday night. One of the two girls hurt was hospitalized in critical condition.
A Southwest Side woman wants others to know what happened to her a week ago.
Two men were killed and seven others – including three boys just 14 years old – were wounded in shootings in Chicago within a period of eight hours Wednesday night and early Thursday morning.
Eight people were injured in a bus crash late Monday morning in the Gage Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Five people – three of them children – were injured Saturday afternoon in the Gage Park neighborhood.
A man is dead after being struck and killed by a vehicle early Saturday, along busy Western Avenue in the Lincoln Square neighborhood.
A semi-trailer truck slammed into a restaurant Friday morning on the cusp of the McKinley Park and Brighton Park neighborhoods.
A rash of shootings and a stabbing left at least three people dead and seven injured in Chicago overnight.
An extra-alarm fire overnight destroyed an auto repair shop in the Southwest Side’s Archer Heights neighborhood.
One man was killed and another was injured in a shooting at 71st Street and Western Avenue Monday night.
Felony Franks – the hot dog stand with the Misdemeanor Wieners and a staff of ex-felons – shut down Monday afternoon.
Two men were wounded, one critically, in a shooting early Sunday on the West Side.
An 11-year-old boy was wounded early Thursday when gunshots shattered the window of his home on the city’s Near West Side.
Two West Side men have been charged with burglarizing an electronics store on the edge of the Little Village neighborhood and smashing the stolen getaway van through a garage door – prompting police to open fire.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!