Police shot three people Monday morning – killing one – as the suspects allegedly burglarized an electronics store on South Western Avenue and smashed their getaway van through a garage door.
Police are investigating the death of a man who died a day after being found having a seizure in a Beverly neighborhood alley, and was only later discovered to have a bullet in his head.
Police are warning families on the Southwest Side about flashers targeting children on both a residential side street and a major thoroughfare.
A wrecked car without a driver was found early Sunday parked a little more than a mile from the scene of a Saturday night hit-and-run crash that killed a 49-year-old South Side woman.
The mother and family members of the two children killed Saturday night in a high-speed crash on the southwest side returned to the scene of the accident for three hours Wednesday night – in search of the donations needed to bury them.
A 20-year-old woman and her 1- and 3-year-old daughters were critically injured when the SUV she was driving on the Southwest Side Sunday morning collided with a semi tractor cab, then crashed into a store and a CTA bus shelter.
Outside the Beverly Bakery, the “No Parking” signs are already posted. The chefs are roasting veggies for Guinness stew, and they’ve already cooked up amaretto cupcakes, CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
The South Side Irish Parade had been halted because of alcohol-related problems, but it will be back on March 11, organizers tell CBS 2.
A missing senior citizen from the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood who police issued an alert for because he was believed to be confused and might not have known his current address, has been found.
Police have released a surveillance photo showing the gunman who shot and killed an employee at a West Town Subway restaurant.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday he hopes the organizers of the South Side Irish Parade have taken the last three years to think about how to resume the parade, while making sure to avoid the alcohol-fueled mayhem that prompted the Beverly neighborhood to put a stop to the event after 2009.
Police are warning people on the city’s Near West and Northwest sides about a robber on the loose who has been targeting women.
At least 20 people, including a 10-year-girl, a 16-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy, have been wounded in shootings throughout the city since Friday evening.
A building in the Little Village neighborhood was evacuated Wednesday morning, after a construction crew struck a gas main.
Police are on the scene at a gas station in the Marquette Park neighborhood, after a man was shot in the head.
A sport-utility vehicle flipped over on the outbound Eisenhower Expressway early Friday, prompting authorities to shut down lanes and causing a traffic jam.
Police shot and killed a man who was apparently suicidal overnight at the Western Avenue Pink Line ‘L’ stop, after he allegedly pointed two guns at them.
Mild temperatures in the 50s over the weekend contributed to one of the largest Toys for Tots annual motorcycle parade in the past several years.
A firefighter was hurt overnight while battling flames in an abandoned commercial building on the city’s South Side overnight.
It started as a test drive, but within seconds a Chicago car salesman was knocked to the ground when a carjacker hit him with the car and drove away. It was the third in a string of carjackings at auto dealerships in the area in recent weeks.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!