The regular season of the NBA has come to a close and the playoffs are here. See the official schedule of games and seedings.
Kevin Durant had 34 points and 14 rebounds while playing all of regulation for the first time all season, and the Oklahoma City Thunder claimed a spot in the NBA finals by beating the San Antonio Spurs 107-99 on Wednesday night.
Back in 1999, while Prince was partying, the NBA played a 50 game strike-shortened season that ended with the San Antonio Spurs being crowned champions. That first title for the Spurs began their odd dynasty as they would win the NBA Finals in only odd number years (2003, ‘05, and ’07).
Russell Westbrook scored 28 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Los Angeles Lakers 106-90 to eliminate the Lakers in five games.
Russell Westbrook scored 10 of his 37 points during a stirring fourth-quarter comeback, Kevin Durant added 31 points and hit the tiebreaking 3-pointer with 13.7 seconds left, and the Oklahoma City Thunder seized control of the second-round series with a 103-100 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 on Saturday night.
Kobe Bryant didn’t miss on 18 free throws and scored 14 of his 36 points in the fourth quarter, and the Los Angeles Lakers rallied late for a 99-96 victory over Oklahoma City in Game 3 on Friday night, cutting the Thunder’s second-round series lead to 2-1.
Kevin Durant scored 22 points and rattled in the go-ahead basket on a baseline runner with 18 seconds left, and the Oklahoma City Thunder scored the final nine points to rally for a 77-75 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals Wednesday night.
Russell Westbrook had 27 points and nine assists, Kevin Durant added 25 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder blasted the weary Los Angeles Lakers 119-90 on Monday night in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.
Pau Gasol had 23 points, 17 rebounds and six assists, Metta World Peace scored 15 points in his return from a seven-game suspension, and the Los Angeles Lakers outlasted the Denver Nuggets for a thrilling 96-87 victory in Game 7 on Saturday night to win their first-round series.
Ty Lawson scored 32 points, fellow spark plug Corey Brewer added 18 and the Denver Nuggets forced a Game 7 in their first-round playoff series with a dominating 113-96 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night.
Kobe Bryant scored 38 points, Andrew Bynum followed up his playoff-opening triple-double with 27 points and nine rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers weathered Denver’s late rally for a 104-100 victory over the Nuggets on Tuesday night, taking a 2-0 series lead.
Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill has been charged with felony assault resulting from an altercation with his girlfriend, according to the Houston district attorney’s office.
Metta World Peace got busy tweeting to his 324,000+ followers on Friday night: (Most recent on top) “I’m out socially right now..Lots of girls.. Just conversation.. But they scared to sit next to me.The afraid of my elbows.Not a good feeling”
The NBA lockout-shortened regular season has come to a close and the playoff teams have been decided. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
This season, the Chicago Bulls are an astonishing 35-5 at home, they’ve been outright dominant. So it’s almost fitting they’ll end their regular season at home, with a chance to tie for the league’s best record.
You don’t have to go very far back to find the history between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Vancouver Canucks, recently it seems these teams always find themselves squaring off in the playoffs.
If there is one thing I hate about the playoffs–be it the NBA, NFL, or NHL–it is when a team with a losing record makes it in, while a team from the opposite conference–with a winning record–has to stay home.
There are a lot of different scenarios that could play out over the final two games of the Chicago Blackhawks’ season that could impact their playoff hopes. But all the Blackhawks can do is win, and hope that’s enough.
Trying to keep up with the NHL Western Conference playoff race is a pain. After a few hours (my brain doesn’t work mathematically) I finally solved it. Here’s what has to happen for the Blackhawks to get in the playoffs.
One thing is for certain, the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings will meet two more times before the 2011 season ends, and the Blackhawks are hoping there are few a more meetings to come.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.379
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!