For those excited about the release of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” there is no need to travel to Middle-Earth to celebrate the movie’s premiere in style. While you might not immediately associate Chicago with the Shire, the Windy City still offers plenty of ways to prepare for the movie’s opening on December 14.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is making headlines – but not for its academics.
Wheaton College on Wednesday joined Catholic University of America in filing a lawsuit challenging the Obama administration’s requirement that employers, except for churches, provide insurance that covers birth control services.
Formal charges have been filed against a former Wheaton College professor, who is facing facing seven child pornography counts and divorce.
Over the strenuous objections of a DuPage County prosecutor, a judge Thursday ordered bond reduced to $300,000 for the Wheaton College professor accused of keeping child pornography on his home computers.
Bond was set at $750,000 Friday morning for a Wheaton College professor who stands charged with possessing child pornography after police seized several computers from his home.
Donald Ratcliff, 60, of Carol Stream allegedly had images and videos containing child pornography, prosecutors allege.
All four people aboard a small plane, including a Wheaton College junior, her sister and businessman father, were killed when the aircraft crashed Saturday morning near northwest suburban Crystal Lake.
Mayor Richard M. Daley said Thursday that the United States has become a nation of “whiners,” and said it’s time to snap out of it.
Mayor Richard M. Daley plans to go on the speaking circuit after he leaves office in May, but he’s already getting a head start today.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!