A former nuclear plant engineer wasn’t in court Tuesday when a suburban woman described how he allegedly used a lifelike latex mask and black handgun to steal her car last year.
A state trooper had to be cut out of the squad car Thursday after a serious multi-vehicle collision in west suburban Wheaton.
An argument between a west suburban couple on Friday night ended with a 42-year-old woman stabbing her husband to death, police said on Sunday.
A 39-year old suburban Chicago woman whose deteriorating health forced her into a nursing home two years ago is receiving a full service spa treatment today, thanks to the kindness of others.
Local residents were being warned to keep their pets on a tight leash, as coyotes are out in bigger numbers, and acting more aggressively, likely due to their mating season.
As coyote mating season winds down over the next couple of months, area authorities are alerting residents, especially pet owners, that they may encounter more coyotes than usual now through April.
A coyote attacked a dog in west suburban Wheaton Friday night, according to officials.
Police and the FBI are seeking the two men who held up a bank in Wheaton late Tuesday afternoon.
Two Iowa men accused of transporting nearly 10,000 grams of methamphetamine through DuPage County were ordered held on $1 million cash bond Wednesday.
A beloved pet was nearly killed in the 2000 block of Stonebridge Court in Wheaton. CBS 2’s Pamela Jones spoke to the woman who saved the dog’s life.
A former soldier from Wheaton accused of murdering a neighbor three years ago is asking a DuPage County judge to allow him to use a long-ago traumatic military experience as a defense.
A Downers Grove woman who was drunk when she drove into a Wheaton family’s living room has been sentenced to prison time.
Megan Boken, 23, was shot to death while sitting in her car Saturday while in St. Louis for an alumni volleyball game.
St. Louis police have arrested two 18-year-old suspects in the murder of Wheaton volleyball star Megan Boken, who was gunned down in St. Louis last weekend.
Visitation is scheduled for Wednesday, and the funeral for Thursday, for 23-year-old Megan Boken – the Wheaton native who was killed in St. Louis this past weekend.
Money Magazine is out with its “Best Places To Live” list, and not a single town in Illinois cracked the top 50.
Members of the Sikh community in the Chicago area were still shaking their heads on Monday, in disbelief over Sunday’s shooting massacre at a Sikh house of worship south of Milwaukee.
Ground has been broken for the new Jeanine Nicarico Advocacy Center in Wheaton.
While the drought has forced some suburbs to cancel fireworks this year, Sunday’s storms have halted the parade and the fireworks in Wheaton.
The Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in downtown Wheaton is five years old. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.the Midwest
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!