The Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in downtown Wheaton is five years old. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.the Midwest
Next month, DuPage County plans to begin building a new $5 million facility where police will investigate crimes against children.
A high school student was injured Tuesday afternoon while apparently trying to “car surf” in west suburban Wheaton has been airlifted to an area hospital.
Army Spc. Samuel T. Watts, 20, dwas wounded April 25 in Zharay, Afghanistan, from an improvised explosive device.
A west suburban woman who had consensual sex with a man, then later accused him of rape, has been charged with disorderly conduct for filing a false police report, according to police.
A Metra passenger has been ordered to perform community service for spraying a conductor with dog repellent a train station in Wheaton last fall.
Over the strenuous objections of a DuPage County prosecutor, a judge Thursday ordered bond reduced to $300,000 for the Wheaton College professor accused of keeping child pornography on his home computers.
Bond was set at $750,000 Friday morning for a Wheaton College professor who stands charged with possessing child pornography after police seized several computers from his home.
A New Lenox man is going to prison for the next seven years after admitting to two separate unrelated crimes – burglarizing a house and collecting child pornography.
A west suburban man is going to prison for 35 years, for sexually abusing a little girl he babysat and sharing the images online.
A DuPage County judge has found a 27-year-old refugee unfit to parent the child she abandoned at birth but now wants back.
Police are hoping an autopsy Thursday morning will help them determine how a Wheaton man wound up dead in a gangway on Chicago’s West Side.
Police in Wheaton were trying Wednesday morning to find the person who robbed a bank in the western suburb.
Wheaton Police are warning seniors about a telephone scam that is making the rounds again.
A Wheaton mom, dipping into her children’s trick or treat candy, says she bit into a tiny candy bar and found a nail inside.
Police are investigating after a nail was found in a candy bar given to a child on Halloween in west suburban Wheaton.
A West Chicago woman was arrested Monday morning after spraying a Metra conductor with mace when she refused to show her train ticket.
Investigators are probing the cause of an extra-alarm fire that broke out early Wednesday morning in Wheaton.
Police and prosecutors have released more information on multiple battery charges filed after a severely injured infant was treated at an area hospital.
The book may close Thursday on a 35-year-old murder in Wheaton.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!