We know the video was made more than a year ago in Los Angeles, but consider it proof that the Whole Foods experience there applies here, too.
When we want to avoid dinnertime battles with the kids and still serve up the most nutritious vegetables readily and affordably available during these winter months in Chicago, we turn to the following tried and true recipes. Read on with an open mind and you might be surprised by what the little ones (and you!) will love!
With parties and celebrations galore, the holiday season can seem daunting when it comes to food for those who have dietary restrictions as well as those who are preparing food. Read on for some delicious, festive baked goods that are free of two common food allergens/irritants–wheat (wheat-gluten) and dairy–that will absolutely make your mouth water, even if you don’t have food restrictions.
An afternoon picnic is one of the best parts about summer in Chicago. It’s time to dust off those picnic baskets, lay back and soak up the sun. Here are a few do’s and don’ts from the City Of Chicago as well as some handy tips to help you pack the perfect picnic.
Able-bodied drivers are parking illegally in handicapped spaces at one Chicago retail site. Yet a family with a disabled daughter had their car towed, even though the vehicle had a legitimate placard in the windshield.
It’s official – Whole Foods will be coming to the Hyde Park neighborhood, but not at the old Harper Court complex as rumored previously.
If you shop at the Whole Foods on North Ashland Avenue anytime Wednesday, you might want to bring your own bag.
A Whole Foods and an outpost of the Second City comedy club are among the options being considered for a soaring new complex just off busy 53rd Street.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.181
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.324
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!