Several hundred people who all shared something in common — the violent loss of a loved one — gathered Saturday at the UIC Forum to share, remember and heal.
The slain nephew of actress-singer Jennifer Hudson, who would have turned 11 Tuesday, is being remembered with a giveaway of school supplies for thousands.
William Balfour, the man convicted of murdering three members of singer-actress Jennifer Hudson’s family, has been sentenced to three consecutive life terms in prison.
A Cook County judge has released the video of convicted killer William Balfour being questioned by police in the murders of Jennifer Hudson’s family members.
Chicago’s top cop is responding to a juror in the William Balfour trial who said police bungled the investigation into the murder of Jennifer Hudson’s family members.
Jennifer Hudson and her fiancé went to Six Flags Great America Saturday, a day after she listened to guilty verdicts against her former brother-in-law for killing her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
William Balfour, the former brother-in-law of Jennifer Hudson, was found guilty Friday of killing three members of the singer’s family in 2008.
Jurors have wrapped up a second day of deliberations in the trial of the man accused of killing singer/actress Jennifer Hudson’s family, with no word on a verdict.
Jurors began deliberating Wednesday in the murder trial of the man accused of killing Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson’s family, but were sequestered for the night after more than 4 1/2 hours of deliberations, and will go back to work on Thursday.
Jurors could begin deliberating today in the case of William Balfour.
Closing arguments are set to begin Wednesday morning in the trial of the man accused of killing three members of Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson’s family.
Prosecutors have rested their case against the man accused of killing Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew.
A friend of the man charged with killing Jennifer Hudson’s family members helped prosecutors fill in some gaps in their case on Monday, telling jurors about seeing William Balfour with the alleged murder weapon, and about a panicked phone call on the day of the murders.
DNA evidence – or the lack of it – took center stage Wednesday at the trial of the man charged with killing three members of entertainer Jennifer Hudson’s family, as the defense shined a spotlight on the lack of physical evidence tying the alleged killer to the crime.
A witness in the trial of the man accused of killing members of actress Jennifer Hudson’s family says he saw the defendant spying on the Hudson family’s home in the summer before the murders.
Prosecutors continued to build their case Monday in the trial of the man accused of killing three members of singer Jennifer Hudson’s family, calling a series of police officers who testified about finding the gun allegedly used in the slayings, and collecting other crucial evidence.
The trial judge has agreed to release a 911 tape that was played in court in the trial of William Balfour, the man charged with killing three members of Jennifer Hudson’s family.
The chief justice of the Illinois Supreme Court is weighing in on the restrictions the trial judge has placed on tweeting from the courtroom in the trial of William Balfour.
Murder defendant William Balfour confessed to the murders of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew shortly after the killings occurred, a girlfriend of the suspect testified Friday.
A family friend of singer Jennifer Hudson testified Thursday that accused Hudson family killer William Balfour repeatedly threatened to kill the Hudsons while attending a child’s birthday party a few months before the murders.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!