For the third time in several months, someone broke into a norths suburban Wilmette pizza restaurant, smashing a west side window on April 28 in order to enter the building, rip a cash register from its moorings, and take it and several other items outside.
The investigation into identity theft at a supermarket in north suburban Wilmette continues to expand.
Never try to separate a woman from her designer purse. A north suburban woman chased and caught a man who snatched her $2,600 Louis Vuitton purse through her vehicle window as she waited in line for a car wash in Evanston on Monday.
Three masked individuals, one armed with a handgun, forced her back inside where they bound the victim before ransacking her home. An undisclosed amount of jewelry and cash were taken, police said.
A 58-year-old Wilmette man died early Sunday, after falling backwards onto a glass coffee table in his home.
A north suburban police officer was sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to theft for ordering a DUI suspect to pay an unnecessary cash bond.
More than 200 people, including the mother and sisters of fallen Marine Sgt. John Phillips, took part in a ceremony unveiling a plaque to Phillips, 29 years after the Wilmette man died in a Beirut bombing attack.
A new report says many suburbs are transit-friendly – that is, hospitable for those who are not traveling with a car.
Premier Bank has become the third Illinois bank to fail this year, and the second this month. State regulators worked with the bank for months in an attempt to save it.
A contractor who specializes in tear-downs is buying a historic Prairie-style home and cottage on adjoining lots in east Wilmette, but preservationists say the chances for saving both are looking good.
An Evanston man has been charged with residential burglary after police reportedly caught him near the scene of a Friday burglary in north suburban Wilmette.
A Wilmette man has been convicted and sentenced to prison for the beating death of his aunt on Christmas Day.
A suburban ice cream store is serving up more than just your favorite flavors this summer. It’s dishing up job skills and a whole lot more for some special teenagers, CBS 2’s Harry Porterfield reports.
Employees at four Chicago area funeral homes have avoided a strike by signing off on a new three-year contract.
Workers at four local funeral homes are expected to go on strike Tuesday morning because of a labor dispute.
A Chicago teen has been arrested for breaking a woman’s hand while trying to steal her purse in Wilmette.
The American Civil Liberties Union recently put out a letter complaining that a North Shore school district was using software that blocked gay and lesbian-oriented Web sites, leaving the school district “furious.”
A Wilmette police officer stands charged with ordering a drunken driving suspect to pay her a cash bond for release, even though no such bond was legally required.
New allegations are being made in connection with one of the many sex abuse cases against the Rev. Donald McGuire, a Roman Catholic priest who is now serving a 25-year prison sentence.
A young man from Chicago was sentenced to 10 years in prison Friday, one week after pleading guilty in a fatal drunk-driving crash last June in Wilmette.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!