The summerlike spell of 80-plus degree days last week might have led you to forget, but it is, in fact, still March.
Thursday’s brutal cold temperatures were expected to usher in as many as eight inches of snow Friday for some areas.
Those springlike temperatures earlier in the month seem like a distant memory now, as bitter cold hangs on for the next couple of days and a new system threatens to dump several inches of snow later in the week.
Bitter cold has set in after the snowstorm Thursday, as people struggle to get around, clean up, and start their cars.
Light flurries have tapered off for most of the Chicago area, but lake effect snow in northwest Indiana could bring a lot of snow to that region by Tuesday.
With Chicagoans used to hot summer temperatures, it was a shock to the system to find temperatures in the 30s and wind chill values below freezing in some areas.
The conditions were brutal Thursday , and city officials are again warning that being outside for any length of time is dangerous.
The blizzard is over, but conditions in Chicago are now miserable in another way.
Bitterly cold wind chills approaching minus 21 degrees are forecast to blow into the Chicago area starting Wednesday night, just as the massive blizzard leaves town.
A deep freeze will be settling over the Chicago area starting Thursday evening, and you’re best advised to bundle up.
Chicagoans are waking up to temperatures in the single-digits and wind chills in the negative range.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!